+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynaco PAS 3

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Preamps were the scourge of the earth for many years and it wasn't until the late eighties that things started to drstically change IMO. So many classic prreamps (especially certain ARC models) severely processed the signals passing through them, so much so that the output sounded little like the input fed them. These models, despite their basic clarity, were used as tone controls with some of the harsher big power amps out there (Krell went through a terrible mid-period I found for instance).

Dave, you and I are used to hard-wired gear made by masters (Glenn & Tim de P, let alone vintage Quad), so much else is going to look scrappy. It may be possible to re-dress some of these wires to make them lok a bit neater without sacrificing anything.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Alex.

The only Dynaco amp that I had was a SCA-35 (Dynakit), was many years.
    Integrated valve amp, was pretty good.

Could be bought in kit form or assembled.

http://www.vintageaudiorepair.nl/tekoop/uktksca35.html
    Spendorman

I'm Dave.

27 years as a 'prototype wireman' taught me how to wire neatly, quickly and without faults, so any messy wiring puts my teeth on edge..

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Ive just been informed by the builder of it that a certain vintage kit loving magazine writer has one and loves it, they are very good sounding pre amps, the caps possibly and the dc heating rectifier will need changing, the one on Ebay looks like new but would still need the above doing
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12