+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 122 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Gromit's music centre...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Well if you lot were regular readers or subscribers to What Hifi? like me - you would have known about these for a good few years!
    Lol - you know I don't read that pish!

The only hi-fi magazine I read regularly now is HFN, which I subscribe to, and contains the sort of stuff that interests me

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Buffet-blower.

The Tecchy's back up & running again, and wearing this little pup...

Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol - you know I don't read that pish!

The only hi-fi magazine I read regularly now is HFN, which I subscribe to, and contains the sort of stuff that interests me

Marco.
    yeh i have lots of those pre 1973

Aye, when hi-fi mags were hi-fi mags, eh dude?

Oh, congrats on the Rega Carbon, Richard!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Buffet-blower.

Aye, when hi-fi mags were hi-fi mags, eh dude?

Oh, congrats on the Rega Carbon, Richard!

Marco.
    Thanks Marco

The Jelco's just arrived too yip yah!!!

Will have to get back to John as I don't think the cable he's supplied will fit as it has a straight connector, looks like the 750 needs a right-angled one. Will know when the adaptor plate arrives and I can get it bolted together.
    Richard.

Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Rob.

Marvelous, hows the Carbon, come on first impressions, we all can't wait.

Edit, ah just spotted it in the other thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    Thanks Marco

The Jelco's just arrived too yip yah!!!

Will have to get back to John as I don't think the cable he's supplied will fit as it has a straight connector, looks like the 750 needs a right-angled one. Will know when the adaptor plate arrives and I can get it bolted together.
    Nice one on the Jelco, Richard. As for the cable, I'm pretty sure that I used a straight one, when I had a Jelco. Pity you never thought to ask about tonearm cable reccos, before you went ahead and got one, as we'd have all said 'go for a Jannis'!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Buffet-blower.

Nice one on the Jelco, Richard. As for the cable, I'm pretty sure that I used a straight one, when I had a Jelco. Pity you never thought to ask about tonearm cable reccos, before you went ahead and got one, as we'd have all said 'go for a Jannis'!

Marco.
    Aye - mind you I looked at the price of them and I really don't want to fork out that much, not at the moment anyway. This is a purely 'get it working' sort of arrangement for the time being - the cable John sent me is a new Pro-Ject one which looks pretty good. Very nice quality plugs and a proper metal arm plug of decent weight.
    Richard.

No worries, dude. I get that. At some point, though, you'll have to marry the Jelco with an 'old nail' - t'would be rude not to!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Buffet-blower.

No worries, dude. I get that. At some point, though, you'll have to marry the Jelco with an 'old nail' - t'would be rude not to!

Marco.
    Abso-belly-lootely.
    Richard.

+ Reply to Thread