+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,198 of 1198

Thread: Gromit's music centre...

I'm Jez.

Naim fanbois are the worst!
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Perhaps... I just can't stand any form of blinkered fanboyism or (misplaced) 'brand loyalty'. It suggests an innate insecurity/lack of gumption in the character of those afflicted, and leads to the creation of cliques.

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Modified Goldpoint SA4M-47 passive preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Quite... I have nothing against Exposure equipment (indeed, I rather like it), but if as Jerry says, the sound produced at that bake-off (with the Exposure stuff) was, shall we say, nothing special, then that verdict should've been acknowledged by the assembled listeners.

I got the impression, and Jerry can confirm this or not, that the 'Exposure fanboys' present didn't necessarily disagree, but simply because it was Exposure, Jerry somehow had 'missed the point'... Which begs the question: what exactly was the point?

And if it was simply to uncritically wank over some box (or boxes) that had an Exposure badge on it/them, then *that* nonsense is what I have ZERO time for, regardless of whether the gear concerned is from Exposure, Naim, Linn, NVA or The Harry Halfwit Company!

I take it you get where I'm coming from better now, Paul?

Marco.
    Gotcha, that makes a lot more sense now you've explained it in different wording.
    Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Streamer: Naim NDX, Pre Amp: Exposure XVII, Power Amp: Exposure XVIII, Loudspeakers: Focal Electra 1028 Be, Stands: Soundocity Outriggers, Rack: Audiophile BASE StarBase, Cables: Cable Talk, Exposure, MCRU, Tellurium Q & TCI.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Naim fanbois are the worst!
    Bar none!
    Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Streamer: Naim NDX, Pre Amp: Exposure XVII, Power Amp: Exposure XVIII, Loudspeakers: Focal Electra 1028 Be, Stands: Soundocity Outriggers, Rack: Audiophile BASE StarBase, Cables: Cable Talk, Exposure, MCRU, Tellurium Q & TCI.

I'm Buffet-blower.

Thanks for the input - and of course the kind comments about my little rig.

There are many types/makes of equipment which have me scratching my head as to why folk like it (I won't list them here). In fact, judging by their choice, I've even wondered if they've actually listened to any live music in their lives - however if what they listen to makes them happy, then that's fine. Just don't start preaching to me. Jeez, some people don't even like Marmite. <scratches head again>
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: MacBook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    There are many types/makes of equipment which have me scratching my head as to why folk like it (I won't list them here). In fact, judging by their choice, I've even wondered if they've actually listened to any live music in their lives - however if what they listen to makes them happy, then that's fine.
    Indeed... It's the 'evangelism', displayed by associated acolytes, that causes problems - almost as if some folk need a 'guru' to follow or someone/something (verging on a form of religion) to *believe in*, as much as a stereo to listen to their music on!

Sad puppies....

Anyway, I very much approve of the recent additions to your system. Judicious choices, as usual, Richard. Enjoy the music, mate

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Modified Goldpoint SA4M-47 passive preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm Buffet-blower.

Super XV...

Super XV by Boxertrixter, on Flickr
    Richard.

Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Buffet-blower.

Hana EL...

Hana EL by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Spinning some tunes...

LP12 by Boxertrixter, on Flickr
    Richard.

+ Reply to Thread