+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 122 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1216

Thread: Gromit's music centre...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Richard,

Nice seeing you checking in again. Superb pictures as usual, mate!

System's looking good. Hope all is well with you and yours?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Josie.

looking great, Richard... welcome back
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Brian.

Hi Richard , good to see you back on the forum . How you liking the 3010s ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Buffet-blower.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Hi Richard , good to see you back on the forum . How you liking the 3010s ?
    They're a riot.

Some folk may well remember my and others' enthusiasm for the older 2010i. It was a fabulous little speaker which performed beyond its price & size in a way which hardly seemed possible. A few weeks ago I was having a wander around Lincoln so popped into Superfi to take a look at the new ones - for just over 100 quid (125 to be exact) it seemed daft not to try the 3010.

They're more refined, but have not lost one ounce of their older brothers' effervescent music-making nature.

The Cyrus amp was bought in a late night bout of drunken eBay BiN button hitting (seriously!). I've had a slightly wayward fascination with this kit - it's proper Marmite stuff, which imho is why it's always worth taking seriously. You know what? It's bloody good - and the PSX-R brings extra refinement, calmness and control to the party. I love my 770ES - after all, it's seen off a fair few amps over the last few years (other stuff has been different, rather than actually better). The 8vs/PSX-R is the first amp to sit on the shelf and bring a proper, demonstrable improvement.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Brian.

Seems you got the 3010s for a very good price Richard . The 770ES is indeed a very good amp , so the Cyrus amp must be very good to better it . I must say that I've never tried them either . Another one for the '' must try '' list .
    Regards
    Brian

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    the Cyrus amp must be very good to better it . I must say that I've never tried them either . Another one for the '' must try '' list .
    I can appreciate - and understand - that the 'Cyrus Sound' may not be for everyone. It's quite brightly-lit but on the other hand never harsh and is both open and extremely fast. What has struck me above anything is its ability to dig out the most tiny musical detail - groupings of phrase patterns which weren't especially obvious before being one trick. It'll be at Scalford anyway for those who fancy a quick listen.
    Richard.

Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Paul.

Very nice system. I heard it at Scalford last year. Did you keep the Royd's or move then on Richard?

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by twickers View Post
    Very nice system. I heard it at Scalford last year. Did you keep the Royd's or move then on Richard?
    Thanks Paul - the Royds are still here but may well get moved on, along with the 770ES (need to raise cash for a new camera lens).
    Richard.

I'm Buffet-blower.

LP12 by Boxertrixter, on Flickr
    Richard.

I'm Brian.

Oooh! very nice Richard , nice to see you back here
    Regards
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread