+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,198 of 1198

Thread: Gromit's music centre...

I'm Jez.

Naim fanbois are the worst!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Perhaps... I just can't stand any form of blinkered fanboyism or (misplaced) 'brand loyalty'. It suggests an innate insecurity/lack of gumption in the character of those afflicted, and leads to the creation of cliques.

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Quite... I have nothing against Exposure equipment (indeed, I rather like it), but if as Jerry says, the sound produced at that bake-off (with the Exposure stuff) was, shall we say, nothing special, then that verdict should've been acknowledged by the assembled listeners.

I got the impression, and Jerry can confirm this or not, that the 'Exposure fanboys' present didn't necessarily disagree, but simply because it was Exposure, Jerry somehow had 'missed the point'... Which begs the question: what exactly was the point?

And if it was simply to uncritically wank over some box (or boxes) that had an Exposure badge on it/them, then *that* nonsense is what I have ZERO time for, regardless of whether the gear concerned is from Exposure, Naim, Linn, NVA or The Harry Halfwit Company!

I take it you get where I'm coming from better now, Paul?

Marco.
    Gotcha, that makes a lot more sense now you've explained it in different wording.
    Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, CD: Cambridge Audio CXC, DAC: Beresford Caiman II + Anker Astro Pro 2nd Gen, Pre Amp: Exposure XVII, Power Amp: Exposure XVIII, Loudspeakers: Focal Electra 1028 Be, Rack: Audiophile BASE StarBase, Cables: Beresford, Cable Talk, Exposure, MCRU, Tellurium Q & TCI.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Naim fanbois are the worst!
    Bar none!
    Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, CD: Cambridge Audio CXC, DAC: Beresford Caiman II + Anker Astro Pro 2nd Gen, Pre Amp: Exposure XVII, Power Amp: Exposure XVIII, Loudspeakers: Focal Electra 1028 Be, Rack: Audiophile BASE StarBase, Cables: Beresford, Cable Talk, Exposure, MCRU, Tellurium Q & TCI.

I'm Buffet-blower.

Thanks for the input - and of course the kind comments about my little rig.

There are many types/makes of equipment which have me scratching my head as to why folk like it (I won't list them here). In fact, judging by their choice, I've even wondered if they've actually listened to any live music in their lives - however if what they listen to makes them happy, then that's fine. Just don't start preaching to me. Jeez, some people don't even like Marmite. <scratches head again>
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: MacBook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    There are many types/makes of equipment which have me scratching my head as to why folk like it (I won't list them here). In fact, judging by their choice, I've even wondered if they've actually listened to any live music in their lives - however if what they listen to makes them happy, then that's fine.
    Indeed... It's the 'evangelism', displayed by associated acolytes, that causes problems - almost as if some folk need a 'guru' to follow or someone/something (verging on a form of religion) to *believe in*, as much as a stereo to listen to their music on!

Sad puppies....

Anyway, I very much approve of the recent additions to your system. Judicious choices, as usual, Richard. Enjoy the music, mate

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Buffet-blower.

Super XV...

Super XV by Boxertrixter, on Flickr
    Richard.

Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Buffet-blower.

Hana EL...

Hana EL by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Spinning some tunes...

LP12 by Boxertrixter, on Flickr
    Richard.

+ Reply to Thread