+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michell Hydraulic Reference for sale.

I'm Doug.

Default Michell Hydraulic Reference for sale.

Financial considerations require that I finally sell some of my audio equipment,

First up is a 1975-ish vintage Hydraulic Reference. I have arm boards for SME and Grace, and have the two arns also, but, the signal cable for the SME 3009/S2 fixed h/shell is missing, and there is a problem with the Grace signal, one channel missing, and a screw is required for the srm rest. The turntable has a sweep arm and a Michell record clamp, and is in very good condition.

I bought this in the mid 70s, and passed it on to my brother-in-law, who recently passed away. My sister returned it to me. My b-i-l kept it in good condition, replacing the belt regularly, I have the original box. (also for the SME which even has its original receipt.)

I would like offers in the region of £1000.00

Doug from Norwich.

I also have two items with Definitive Audio, in their stuff section, for sale. My original AudioNote (Japan) M7 preamp (1981) and my unique Musical Fidelity A1 Collector's Edition. Only 20 ever made, and all were presented to individuals arounf the world, thus never sold on the open market.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Doug.

Actually the situation being what it is, Pretty much anything I have is for sale now.
    Pioneer PL12D,
    Michell Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference, SME 3009.S2 or Grace 909, Ortofon or Linn PU.,
    Linn LP12/Ittik (Mk. I) and AudioNote IO

AudioNote M7 (1981),
    Tresham (Pre-NVA) pre/power combo (200 WPC),
    Carver M400a,
    Hafler 60 watt power,
    Leak Delta 30,
    Sugden A21 not sure which version, has no model name or number,
    Nakamichi 410 pre,
    Musical Fidelity A1 Collector's Edition (No.6 of 20),
    Lecson AP1x power,
    2 x Pioneer A400 (including the very first one made),
    very old Quad II, 22,FM and AM tuners (in poor condition, bought from the Bassist of the Hollies),
    Sony STR1200DES,
    Pioneer VSX9900,
    Head Transformer (Tim de Paravacini)
    Ortofon T-3 transformer,
    Pioneer SA-1000.

Pioneer TX-600 tuner,
    Luxman T-110,
    the above mentioned valve units from Quad.

Stax SR5/SRD-7,
    Beyer DT-100,
    Pioneer SE-M10,
    some very old Koss ESP9 and ESP6.

Pioneer CT-A9, plus a much later double deck CTW something.

Marantz CD-60 masively modified according to Ken Ishiwata's suggestions, Pioneer PD-6100,
    early Sony Discman.

Musical Fidelity MC-4 (Oriiginal Martin Colloms design),
    Tannoy 613,
    1x Tannoy 623 centre speaker,
    Tannoy ICT minis (first model),
    Pioneer Prologue 4,
    plus some carboot specials, Goodmans Magnum K2 and AR18.
    And my current centre speaker is a bass bin/horn tweeter in a cabinet from an old cinema.
    Doug

I know I should put photos in, but a hell of a lot to deal with at the moment..

I'm Doug.

Pioneer PL12D,
    Michell Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference, SME 3009.S2 or Grace 909, Ortofon or Linn PU.,
    Linn LP12/Ittik (Mk. I) and AudioNote IO Now sold AudioNote IO

AudioNote M7 (1981),
    Tresham (Pre-NVA) pre/power combo (200 WPC),
    Carver M400a,
    Hafler 60 watt power,
    Leak Delta 30,
    Sugden A21 not sure which version, has no model name or number,
    Nakamichi 410 pre Now Sold
    Musical Fidelity A1 Collector's Edition (No.6 of 20),
    Lecson AP1x power,
    2 x Pioneer A400 (including the very first one made),
    very old Quad II Now Sold, 22,FM and AM tuners (in poor condition, bought from the lead guitarist of the Hollies),
    Sony STR1200DES,
    Pioneer VSX9900,
    Head Transformer (Tim de Paravacini)Now Sold
    Ortofon T-3 transformer,
    Pioneer SA-1000.

Pioneer TX-600 tuner,
    Luxman T-110,
    the above mentioned valve units from Quad.

Stax SR5/SRD-7,
    Beyer DT-100,
    Pioneer SE-M10,
    some very old Koss ESP9 Now Sold and ESP6.

Pioneer CT-A9, plus a much later double deck CTW something.

Marantz CD-60 masively modified according to Ken Ishiwata's suggestions, Pioneer PD-6100,
    early Sony Discman.

Musical Fidelity MC-4 (Oriiginal Martin Colloms design),
    Tannoy 613,
    1x Tannoy 623 centre speaker,
    Tannoy ICT minis (first model),
    Pioneer Prologue 4,
    plus some carboot specials, Goodmans Magnum K2 and AR18.
    And my current centre speaker is a bass bin/horn tweeter in a cabinet from an old cinema.

I'm Karen.

Default Pioneer a400

Hi
    Do you still have either of these for sale?

kaz

I'm Doug.

Yes, I have both, although I am somewhat conflicted about selling either...

But I do need the money.

I'm Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by darucla View Post
    Yes, I have both, although I am somewhat conflicted about selling either...

But I do need the money.
    Thanks for the reply, could you please describe the condition of either or both and what sort of price you have in mind. Sorry to do this here but i'm a new member and do not have the pm facility yet.

kaz

I'm Doug.

They are both in very good condition. Both are in use currently, although up to a couple of months ago they were both stored away.

One is a stock production model which the company gave me when I left in 1990. I have an original instruction manual, and I believe the box, although not sure exactly where that is currently .

The other is a white box (still have and know where it is ) sample which was finalised by the Japanese team at my house, and constitutes the very first real A400, although it has a couple of slight internal differences to the production models. (The earth terminal is also a little grunged up, it has been like it from day one).

I think I'd want £130 for the production model, and I really don't want to sell the white box original, unless someone offers silly money.

I'm Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by darucla View Post
    They are both in very good condition. Both are in use currently, although up to a couple of months ago they were both stored away.

One is a stock production model which the company gave me when I left in 1990. I have an original instruction manual, and I believe the box, although not sure exactly where that is currently .

The other is a white box (still have and know where it is ) sample which was finalised by the Japanese team at my house, and constitutes the very first real A400, although it has a couple of slight internal differences to the production models. (The earth terminal is also a little grunged up, it has been like it from day one).

I think I'd want £130 for the production model, and I really don't want to sell the white box original, unless someone offers silly money.
    Thanks again for the reply, i think £130 is expensive to be honest, good luck with it but i'll pass thanks.

kaz

I'm paul.

Hi is the Sugden still for sale and what's the condition like, is it GWO, and how much please
    Paul

Thorens TD 124, Thorens 12" Arm refurbished by Alfred, Shure M55, Denon 103r ,whest PS30R , Auditorium A23 Sony XA20 ES, Benchmark DAC 1 HDR, Elite Townsens 600c Pre,
    DPA Enlightenment DAC, , , Radford STA 25 Series 3, Aurex ST S80 , Tannoy Monitor Golds 15" Tannoy York Enclosures, TEAC DS H01, Isotek Substation, Abbey Road Reference Speaker Cables
    and some other stuff

I'm Doug.

The Sugden works very well, although I believe it has some work done on it. I bought it second hand some years ago, and have no history for it. The case is scuffed, but could be made pristine with a sand and stain. If you PM me a email address, I can send recent pics.

I want £65 for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast