+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baja's system

I'm Baja.

Default Baja's system

hi keith,
    nice to see the allinic amps - and to get the impression, that they are quite amazing.
    I own I full silvaweld system that contains the otl tube reference 100 monos (developed and built by mr. park) a swc 1000rc line pre amp and a swh 550 mkII phono pre (both pre amps are special versions built exclusively for the former german distributor blackforestaudio, bfa). although they are really terrific unique, I'd like to sell the line pre and the otl monos - because I have to shrink my systems. probably there are some interested guys around?
    I enclose a few images. probably it's nice to see them in comaparison with the allnic amps ...
    best,

swc 1000rc line pre with power supply

open heart with blue kr 300b in the power supply

line pre without power supply

otl tube reference monos with 8 new highly selected NOS tubes by german tube guru rainer röder

behind the naf integrated is the phono pre and at the right site of the audio rack stands the tube rectified power supply of the phono pre

phono pre open heart

I'm Keith.

Hi Baja, sory to hear you are selling your amps, they look great and I have been told that the OTL's are amazing! Which direction is your system turning towards? Regards Keith.

I'm Baja.

hi keith,
    in sum I've spent to much time (and money) in audiophile gear - regarding my limited capabilities. after indulging in my system for a few years (honestly there was no upgrade, that could fit to my budget) let's say I'd like come back to music. the wilson benesch turntable and the audioplan konzert mkII speakers are sold already.
    my next system will be a pure stereo system, containing a garrard 301 (norma-hylee-tech 301 project), a pair of altec 604h in rebuilt 612 custom cabinets (still wondering if I should go for new GPA's series II or III with ferrites or if I should wait for a vintage pair with alnicos) and an integrated amp (I keep my new audio frontiers, because this is a very unique item). also the mr67 tuner, the silvaweld phono pre and the einstein cd player will stay.
    best,

I'm Andy.

Hi,
    Nice system your selling there
    Would you please tell me what your using as a rack?
    I like the low profile and 4 shelves idea
    would suit my system very well
    Current Setup
    iMac/Apple TV/Marantz KI 63mkII > Altmann Attraction DAC (Turbo'd) > Border Patrol CU > Border Patrol P20 > ProAc D38

System Details/Pics Link

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Looks like an Ikea table from the "Lack" range.Very good as a hi-fi rack,and inexpensive too.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

What's happened to some of the pictures?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Looks like an Ikea table from the "Lack" range.Very good as a hi-fi rack,and inexpensive too.
    Cool yes your right, £55 and in black too!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00045560

Cheers!
    Current Setup
    iMac/Apple TV/Marantz KI 63mkII > Altmann Attraction DAC (Turbo'd) > Border Patrol CU > Border Patrol P20 > ProAc D38

System Details/Pics Link

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nothing wrong with Lack tables, especially on certain suspended chassis belt-drive turntables.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Baja.

Quote Originally Posted by u72 View Post
    Cool yes your right, £55 and in black too!

Cheers!
    yes, try it! for £55 it's not a pig in a poke. btw I've got some amazing response to this 'rack' from serious asian audio enthusiasts - of course on the quiet.
    it's really cheaply built, out of veneer, but inside there is a pretty tricky construction of cardboard lamellae/combs. essentially needed are rubber rolls under the shelf.
    fun with lack!
    best,

I'm Greg.

Tortlyte technology at Ikea prices I used my Ikea Lack coffee table to support the 401 Slatedeck for Heathrow. I've even spiked it now!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast