+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Q about 7510 mod 21

I'm Martijn.

Default Questions about 7510 mods

I've been reading a lot on this forum since I got myself a second hand 7510 last week. Now I'm about to mod my 7510 with mod 21 pt 1&2. I'm no technician and can't understand the circuit by just looking at it. Can somebody tell what exactly is the function of R11 and R14? What is the bridge between them supposed to do? In this thread the OP isn't very positive about it. Given that he has listened to his mods very carefully, I tend to believe him. But of course it's also a matter of taste. Can some one shed his light on this?
    Last edited by makruiten; 29-04-2011 at 12:37.

I'm Martijn.

There are three other questions that came to my mind while inspecting the inner workings of my 7510 MKII.

1. Why are we supposed to replace EC8/9 220uF caps (that's what they are now in my unit) with 47uF caps? Again, I'm not a technician, just wondering why. EDIT: I suspect it has to do with the 220uF WIMA caps that are added earlier in the signal. Am I right?
    2. Why shouldn't I bother with replacing EC6/7?
    3. Why should cutting the CC1/2 bypass caps make a positive difference? They are there to diminish current ripple, right?

Thanks!
    Last edited by makruiten; 29-04-2011 at 16:00.

+ Reply to Thread