+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brass Tax

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Default Brass Tax

After so much time of conjecture and weighing the pros and cons and mulling over forum threads/posts, there comes a time when a decision has to be made. Therefore, "Belly up to the bar folks!!"

What (turntable) did you buy? (Or, if you like, what was the last turntable you purchased?)

I'm still salivating over a Trans-Fi Salvation; but, my decision was made easy last week when a weekend warrior DJ decided to sell off his gear. I couldn't pass them up for the asking price.

+2 Technics SL-1200M3D
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm David.

Nice one, a customer of mine has 2 SL1200's and an SL150 going spare but I have to draw the line somewhere, the Garrard 401 was the last one I bought, I have too many TT's to choose from now!

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I have 3 Techy's to chose from lol , the most recent being an SL-Q21 , for a measly £16 , in very good working order except the mat was fecked , its going to be my standby for the QL1 .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Andrew.

Ive got a 1210, lp12, and a garrard 301. I'd sell the 301 and lp12, keep the 1210 and buy a michell orbe!! I like SME stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    Nice one, a customer of mine has 2 SL1200's and an SL150 going spare but I have to draw the line somewhere, the Garrard 401 was the last one I bought, I have too many TT's to choose from now!
    Is that the lilac plinthed one I saw in another thread; sure was purty! I really like the classic looks of the 401 (and 301). I thought they kind of missed the stylistic mark with the 501. One day , I will have a great idler... I hope.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by WOStantonCS100 View Post
    Is that the lilac plinthed one I saw in another thread; sure was purty! I really like the classic looks of the 401 (and 301). I thought they kind of missed the stylistic mark with the 501. One day , I will have a great idler... I hope.
    I have 1 Lenco left if you fancy one to play with, needs some attention?

I'm Steve.

Default brass tax

Hi dave,
    i will take this of your hands if it is still up for grabs,then i might be able to get mine working taking parts from both decks to make one good one.
    mines a gl-75 by the way.
    yours steve.
    ps i live in leeds
    Last edited by stonetostone; 23-04-2011 at 22:21. Reason: missed something out

Quote Originally Posted by stonetostone View Post
    Hi dave,
    i will take this of your hands if it is still up for grabs,then i might be able to get mine working taking parts from both decks to make one good one.
    mines a gl-75 by the way.
    yours steve.
    ps i live in leeds
    I guess that's spoken for.

+ Reply to Thread