+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Links for speaker building projects and info...

I'm David.

Default Links for speaker building projects and info...

A mate of mine (I have mentioned this a long time ago) is looking at using his woodworking skills for hifi good and wants to make some speakers .. I bumped into him yesterday and he had looked into it but seemingly got over whelmed by the maths and stuff ...
    I too have recently looked into it and got overwhelmed by everything ... I'd like him to help/just basically do it for me ...

Can anyone in the know post me some general links for me to pass on to him ... The only one I could remember to show him was:

http://www.frugal-horn.com/

That's one for the kitty ... So more please oh clever folk!... this could lead to cheap happiness in the form of speakers to go with my valves in the loft!

Cheers
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Ok, before i go marching off to look for stuff i need to understand exactly what you want

You just want designs for speakers that have already been built/designed with crossovers etc? Effectively your friend is just going to build the enclosures? You don't want anything to do with how to design them yourself?

Fill me in
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm David.

I suppose this is the trouble with finding info for someone else ... I don't know ...
    Probably just start with designs that can be replicated?

I was telling him that there was a thing called win isd ... There any info on how to use that ...

This chap is a cabinet maker by trade so the actual cabinet builds are unlikely to be an issue for him ... The electronics etc might be harder ...

I dunno, I'm trying to give clues on what might help him ... But I don't really know ... Would just broad a broad spectrum of info links be to much to ask for?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Tbh Hamish i really think that finished designs with specs for crossovers (if used) will be much better as long as the enclosure design is there with all dimensions etc. Your friend would no doubt have no clue what so ever about crossover design so something tells me finished projects would be a good idea if he's struggling with winISD.

WinISD only deals with bass loading as frankly that's what 99% of any enclosure is about
    Bests, Mark

On that note lets make a start

Transmission lines

More

This looks interesting

More

I tell you what, i'll find more some time tomorrow Right now i'm chilling out...
    Bests, Mark

I'm David.

I knew you would help Mark, cheers matey!

Your singing my tune matey ... I have suggested he start out with simple stuff that he can use his wood skills and worry less about all the rest of the stuff that's out of his skill set!

I'm Jan.

I put some here http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5965

Troels Gravesen's projects are well recommended; remember to see "Builders Response" for inspiration in the looks department
    Jan.

Main: Touch -> Beresford Caiman II -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
    Office: Duet (Audiocom)
    -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro
    -> Beresford Bushmaster -> Superlux HD668B

Server: A8-5500, 4 GB, SSD + 2*1 TB, Win8 w. SBS 7.9 (SQLite w. High Mem)
    Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D

I'm Martin.

These drivers have a good rep and are not too expensive - there are a number of cab designs on the site; if you buy some drivers they will send you the plans for your choice of cab for free. No Xovers to worry about either.

The 12'' or 15'' full range would be great in a big, well made cab:

http://www.commonsenseaudio.com/nirvana.html
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread