+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ear 509 Mk2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ear 509 Mk2

RRP £9000 now £1695

Rare copper chassis version with full Tim de Paravicini service and upgrade,WBT/Siver wire/Vishay

www.centralaudio.co.uk

Cheers Tony
    Last edited by Central Audio; 21-04-2011 at 16:24.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Wonderful amps - someone's in for a real bargain!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Apologies if this is a daft question, but it's a monoblock so is there a second power amp?
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

It's a single amp chassis. I'd be delighted for someone of the price was for a pair, but I very much doubt it.

For those lucky enough to be able to pay the deliberately excessive UK prices for EAR gear, can I just conform that every model in the range has a glorious "classic valve" sound - I don't mean thick, closed in, stodgy but sweet in the mid, but gloriously expansive, sweet, warm-in-tone with NO harshness AT ALL and excellent reliability.

When I was in the market for and could afford a pair of 100W valve mono's, I really should have bought some 509's, as they're just so safe to use for years and problem free..

if there's a second one of these for the same price, £3800 the pair is still a bargain in my book.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I took a look on their site & only one was pictured so i guess you are correct Dave

Ah well..
    Bests, Mark

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Could you even get another identical one??
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Er... I just presumed the price was for a pair but Tony was only showing one as a sample....

Don't see the point in selling a single monoblock - what good would it be, unless you're into mono?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Er... I just presumed the price was for a pair but Tony was only showing one as a sample....

Don't see the point in selling a single monoblock - what good would it be, unless you're into mono?
    Centre channel in an AV system?
    Bests, Mark

The price is for a pair of monoblocks.

Cheers Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Central Audio View Post
    The price is for a pair of monoblocks.
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Tony. I thought so!

Well that defo makes them a SERIOUS bargain.... Can't see you having these for long. If I didn't already have my Copper amp, I'd snap 'em up like a shot!!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast