Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rogers DW2 Subwoofer Connectivity Advice Please

I'm Nick.

Top job Mark, thank you!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    Top job Mark, thank you!
    I did sit there scratching my head why you'd thank me Nick but then it occured to me that you are after one & the same unit or so i'm led to believe

Well at least the information is there now for when you find one. Even if the pics go walkabout you'll still know what's what

Hope you find your sub!

ATB
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Nobody.

Would it alter anything if i said those two seas units are push pull

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Would it alter anything if i said those two seas units are push pull
    No, that'll be taken care of by how they are wired to the crossover Nothing to do with input connections to the sub & output connections to the satelites. Cheers for bringing it up though, all part of the fun
    Bests, Mark

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    I did sit there scratching my head why you'd thank me Nick but then it occured to me that you are after one & the same unit or so i'm led to believe

Well at least the information is there now for when you find one. Even if the pics go walkabout you'll still know what's what

Hope you find your sub!

ATB
    I thought you might wonder! Simon posted this originally on my Gallery thread, in response to posts about my JR149's. I split his post to start this thread in the hope someone would be able to help, and sure enough, I wasn't to be disappointed
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Simon.

Thumbs up DW2

Mark
    A very big thank you.
    All put back together and works. I have been trying on a variety of music and it's hard to describe the difference it has made. Without in line I would not have known something was missing. I have turned to level to -2 as on 0 it does appear to be prominent. We are classified as detached but in reality there is only about six inches between us and our neighbour. May have to watch the volume.
    The system is in a room about 14' square and does fill with sound.

My next problem is with the 150's. It was there before connecting the sub and is not there when I use the Sonus Fabers. If I listen to Riders on the Storm the sound of rain and all the high notes are crisp and clear. The woofer is working I would say in a subtle fashion. Everything is fine the volume dial is about one third. If I listen to Dolly Parton I will always love you there is a distortion\vibration on the lower speakers one more than to other.
    I have checked the cones and all looks perfect. Is there a recording or disc you would recommend that would put the system through it's paces?
    What would be my next step?
    Regards and thanks again
    Simon

I'm Nobody.

Do you think one of the Audax units may have drooped? Unbolting the unit turning it all way around bolt back up usually cures it if so. Does it sound worse at low level?

Hi Simon, i'm pleased it's now working

I'd have a go at what Andr'e suggested, unbolt the two bass/midrange drivers in each enclosure & turn them 180 degrees around so that the top of the basket ends up at the bottom. It's quite possible that the suspension has sagged a bit & this is causing the voice coils to rub causing some distortion. By turning them the mass of the cone/voicecoil etc may get rid of the problem straight away or over a period of time, but it certainly won't do any harm
    Bests, Mark

I'm Simon.

Default 150's Distortion

I will turn them over tonight and see what happens over the next few weeks.
    Can you recommend a quality cable for connecting the speakers to the amp? Not too expensive though.

Nick I noticed you are in Bristol. Talk about tough luck the 150's and DW2 came from Bristol three weeks ago. I saw an advert on one of the sites with millions of hifi ads and was scanning down the list when I saw the advert from February. I sent the guy a mail just in case they had not gone and ended up buying them unheard. I paid 450 I don't know if that was too much but it was an impulse thing. So far I am very happy especially with the help from you guys. I'd be lost without it.
    Regards

Simon

For speaker cable i'm pretty happy with this stuff I also use the 4 & 6mm^2 stuff as well & can't find fault with it, definately not at the price anyway
    Bests, Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast