+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rogers DW2 Subwoofer Connectivity Advice Please

I'm Simon.

Default 150's Distortion

New cable and banana plugs ordered.
    Bottom units turned.
    One appears to be ok the other still has the vibration\distortion I don't know if it's as bad or not. I suppose it's best to wait a while longer. It's only some notes that set it off.

Next question. Sonus Fabers have two sets of connections which are currently linked together. Is there a different way of wiring them?
    Regards
    Simon

I'm Nick.

There's bi-wiring http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/...ire/Page1.html - you can run two separate pairs of wires from your amp to each speaker. I've never really worried too much about the benefits or otherwise of bi-wiring but it's a relatively cheap experiment if you have speaker cable to spare...
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Mike.

Sorry for being lazy and late with posting on this thread, "i've got the kids at the moment and they're running me ragged". Anyway 1st off, that sub of yours is an absolute gem, i would kill for another one, secondly it should have it's own dedicated amp and as i recall the connections for all your speakers are on there

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Odd, why bother with a crossover then Besides which there appears to be no way of bypassing the crossover so i honestly have no idea how that amp would be connected Mike
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Mike.

Hmmmm, i had the JR Super Woofer and it came with it's own amp which had a low pass filter built in, i thought the DW2 was the same just with 2 10" drivers instead of 1 reflex ported, take a look at this site http://www.mcmullon.com/icollect/hi_...m#Introduction and you will see what i mean

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Reading that site there were two types of JR Super Woofers, active & passive It appears the DW2 or at least the version here is passive

There was a passive version with the terminals for the satellite JR149s coming from below the super woofer unit.

The active version used an amplifier in a brown box with large heat sink fins with an on/off and a 'volume' control for the bass.
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Simon.

Default JR150

I'm back again. I thought I'd give it time for the speakers to settle down. Unfortunately it is still there. Fortunately I can run the DW2 with the Sonus speakers. I suppose I will have to get them looked at professionally. Thats not going to be cheap I expect. Any recommendations?

Can someone explain the difference between active and passive please. I take it the DW2 does not need a separate amplifier. It certainly can produce floor vibration without one.

I'm Nobody.

Subs are generally Active but you can get some passive..

Active units don't need amps

I'm Simon.

Default JR150's

I sent the four drive units to Wembley Speakers and whilst they were not the quickest of turn arounds I am very very pleased with the results. They sound just perfect with no vibration or distortion. All four units including post and packing £187. Well worth the expenditure.
    Thanks to all for their help
    Sid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123