+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Prattlin' Dave's HiFi Rambles...

synsei Guest

It is as it came when I bought it Nathan. The only other mat I've tried on it is an old Avon Audiomat. The Audiomat adds a lot of mass to the already weighty platter and probably helps with speed stability, although not to the extent that I can notice the difference. It does dull the edge of high frequencies a little compared to the other arrangement though, which is why I've stuck with the acrylic and Sorbothane mats. I'm not willing to experiment too much on the 160 as it stands until I've got it housed on a solid platform and off my suspended floor, there really is no point until then.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by RochaCullen View Post
    Hi Dave,

Is there much of a sound difference between the current mat duo and the stock felt mat? I'm using a cork mat on my TD160, and I've been looking at changing that.
    I can recommend the Blue Horizon mat on a 160. It was a huge improvement over the stock one.

synsei Guest

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your kind offer to help me solve my pre-amp problem but as you have probably read, it's solved now, and man, hasn't it been solved well...

I'm Mark.

I've been contemplating a new preamp myself. And no I don't want a 2nd hand Audiolab
    I'm considering making one myself at the moment. Maybe with a remote volume control.
    What make is that wobbly rack you have?

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dingdong View Post
    I've been contemplating a new preamp myself. And no I don't want a 2nd hand Audiolab
    I'm considering making one myself at the moment. Maybe with a remote volume control.
    What make is that wobbly rack you have?
    Well, I thought it was a Sound Organization rack when I saw it on eBay, but I don't think it is. It's actually very well made, and would be fine located on a solid floor, It's just not up to the job on a suspended floor. I'm quite impressed with the weight it can handle though as the Hafler, DR5 and TD160 weigh a ton...

I'm Mark.

I thought it looked like a Sound organisation. My cheap as chips system has a black Sound organisation stand (£15) and is upstairs on a suspended floor and it seems reasonably stable. You are more than welcome to give it a go as I've got spare stands and won't need it 'til next year.

synsei Guest

Hi Mark,

Sorry, I think I called you Graham in the PM I just sent you for some obscure reason... Anyhoo, you have a PM...

I'm Mark.

No problem. Surprisingly I've been called a lot worse.
    I've responded to your pm.

synsei Guest

There are two new additions to my system. An Arcam CD72 to replace the NAD CD524 and a pair of B&W DM2's to replace the Rogers LS55's. So far things are sounding very, very nice indeed. It's a little too soon for me to give all the gory details, but suffice it to say that at last I seem to have found what I've been looking for. Pics to follow tomorrow, too tired and sore to post 'em today...

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Pics to follow tomorrow, too tired and sore to post 'em today...
    Come on Dave, get a move on Only a day late

By the way, are the DM2 series II or the original? I have just stumbled accross some information that makes the series II rather interesting indeed
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast