+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some old pics of my stuff, which is still all the same.

Default Some old pics of my stuff, which is still all the same.

Oh and I still have a pair of Kef R105.4 which I have still to finish rebuilding, plus various Mana Sounbases to utilise.

The bedroom system has now had the Classe CA-100 replaced with a CA-101, and a pair of Mana Soundbases reside under the Rogers.

Here are some pics of what is currently running in the bedroom.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

V.nice, I like the Classe amp, and of course the TEAC VRDS deck.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm gone.

Nice setups! I've been hankering after some Rogers Studio 1 speakers for a while .... what do you think of them?

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Nice setups! I've been hankering after some Rogers Studio 1 speakers for a while .... what do you think of them?
    I have had them for some time, pretty much agree with the old HiFi Choice reviews and awards they got. They cost a reasonable amount back then, I guess, wonder what today's eqiuivalent price and comparison would be?

My models are pretty late ones (still have boxes), the later 300w power handling model with binding posts, never been inside them, but don't believe they use the transformer based crossovers of earlier designs, nor do they have the Alnico magnet. I think your earlier Export Models are voiced more like the old Spendor BC1.

With suitable amplification they suffer less of the bass bloom problem, and are pretty similar in some respects to your old Monitors, except slightly more punch and I think a little more incisive. Pretty flat responce as well like yu have found your own to be, I still find them better voiced than many newer speakers.

I have mine a bit too close to the rear wall, so at high outputs there is a bit of resonance/boom. But I don't blast them so to speak, and the Classe and ana stages do a lot to tighten and control the bottom end.

Not for everyone I guess, I think they are pretty neutral, bigger sounding and rounder than many would like, due I think to people being accustomed to smaller speakers with peaky mid bass, and not everyone is impressed with a reasonable flat and extended responce with no treble enphasise or increased mid bass.

I do think amplifier choice is important though.

So yes, I like them, think they are just like newer more powerful versions of the older Export models with a similar voicing and more power handling.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Don't buy the later '1a' there not the same, more like 'Ls7'...Some say the '1a' sounds better but nay to my ears..probably the later Celestion metal dome they like...Never like the 'Ls7' either the Celestion 1000 tweeter never sounded right.The 'Ls7t' sounded even worse 't' being titanium tweeter...

If i was buying Roger the dodger's it would be 'Ls5/8'or '9' at push..

'Ls3/6' are the nearest to the Spendor 'BC-1'...Export & Studio 1' being designs worked from 'LS3/6'..I think thats right..

Quote Originally Posted by sastusbulbas View Post
    Aye these are em.Nice.....

http://www.mhennessy3.f9.co.uk/rogers/ls58.htm

I'm Nick.

I had a few Rogers speakers at one point. Nice old things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast