+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Marantz streamer....

I'm drunk.

I'm John.

Good call Andy. I had forgotton about those
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Commander View Post
    Nice one Andy, I didn't like the first link at all but the second one (above) is very nice indeed. I may have to re-think my Lian-Li case and put it on eBay

Thanks for that
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm John.

Looks like a good candidate doesn’t it Tim. May even be enough room to widen the range of CPU passive coolers that could be fitted, a problem I’ve been trying to work around.
    I’ve also been looking at the Zalman HD501.
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Andy.

IMHO the modu cases are not as well built as they look just be aware of that before you commit as they're not entirely cheap. Lian li build quality is quite far ahead for example.

Butuz
    Quad 99 CDP-2 >> Eastern Electric Minimax Pre>> XTZ Desire AP-100 >> PMC GB1i

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

but the project amplifier cases look very very good. I've looked before. Just need a project worthy of the outlay :-)
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12