+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What to do with CDs?

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

I'll be keeping all mine.......and buying more cheap as people release their right to listen to the music they purchased.
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
    I'll be keeping all mine.......and buying more cheap as people release their right to listen to the music they purchased.
    Couldn't agree more

I'm Gary.

yup.

I'm Spartacus.

Id def keep them why?
    A) cos of the copyright thing but, mainly

B) anything that can go wrong WILL go wrong, one day when your HDD dies on you, you'll reach for your trusty back you will find that it doesn't work either??? there's no substitute for having the originals. better they gather dust and live in the loft and you never need them than to be in the situation (and ive seen it in the banking/computer industry) where all else fails and you desperately need them.
    Gary

Audere est Facere

A thorens TD160 mkii moded turney thing, with a wandy thing nd shure v15 III tracky thing, a quad 99 small up power thing, a quad 99 biggy up power thing, a marantz cd6003 shiny disc spinny thing, a Heathkit tuney thingy two quad 21L boxy vibratey things nd some insulated bendy metal things nd a diy vinyl spinny cleany thing

I'm Barry.

A slightly different idea, try and get hold of a CD jukebox and use it in another room. I have a Sony 300 disc player its not that big about the size of two normal CDP's on top of each other. They did make a 400 as well plus you can piggyback them.

I'm Steve.

Most of mine are on Discogs. If they sell they sell ....if they don't they don't and will stay in their storage crates.

As for the HDD I have a music library on the big PC with around 35K flac tracks. This is backed up to an external drive here at home. I also have three other physical backups at various points around Ireland. Only I know their location muahahah.

To be honest if the backup fails it fails. I could have a house fire and lose everything....it's just stuff after all.

Lucky for me I have a further backup in that I am cursed with an eidetic memory for music! It's all stored in my head man.
    Steve

Never let anything cause you to doubt your ability to demonstrate the truth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234