+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop of my next DIY project.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
    Anyone got any ideas as what could go where the VU meters are incase i cant do it?
    Seems to me you might be able to shoehorn a Squeezebox display in there.

If space is tight inside the unit you could always shift the PSU into a seperate external enclosure.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by howlindawg View Post
    Seems to me you might be able to shoehorn a Squeezebox display in there.

If space is tight inside the unit you could always shift the PSU into a seperate external enclosure.
    Hi Martin, a squeezebox classic in a box like this was on the agenda a while back (theres a topic about it on here a few pages back) but i felt it pointless as i wanted the squeezebox touch instead, or do you mean "just" the display and no other parts of the SB?

Nice idea about the PSU in a seperate box

Thanks,
    Adam.
    [Main Room Audio/Video:] TV: Toshiba 32LV665V - AV Amp: Sony STR-DH810 - BD/DVD Player: Sony BDP-S360 - Speakers: Sony SS-MS155
    [Bedroom Audio:] Amp: Teac A-H300 Modded Pre/Power Amp - CD Player: Teac PD-H300 - Speakers: Eltax Wave Mini - Interconnects: QED Performance Audio 2 - Speaker Cable: QED Silver Anniversary XT

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
    Hi Martin, a squeezebox classic in a box like this was on the agenda a while back
    Ah, I haven't seen the earlier thread yet.

Will watch your progress with interest.

I'm Adam.

Ah, I haven't seen the earlier thread yet.

Will watch your progress with interest.
    Its old now and the idea was scraped, but depending how this goes i might pick up on the idea again in the future.

Adam.
    [Main Room Audio/Video:] TV: Toshiba 32LV665V - AV Amp: Sony STR-DH810 - BD/DVD Player: Sony BDP-S360 - Speakers: Sony SS-MS155
    [Bedroom Audio:] Amp: Teac A-H300 Modded Pre/Power Amp - CD Player: Teac PD-H300 - Speakers: Eltax Wave Mini - Interconnects: QED Performance Audio 2 - Speaker Cable: QED Silver Anniversary XT

I'm Adam.

Had a nightmare today, decided to paint the lid of the tuner, and half way through i ran out of paint, had to stop and scrub it all off lol, was a right mess but lucky enough it came off ok, just need to lightly sand the lid before i repaint it.

Back plate also needs another coat, iv also gotta some how block the already made socket holes with some steel plating then redrill ready to fit my holes etc.

Adam.

I'm drunk.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Commander View Post
    The mock up looks sweet. Good luck with the build.
    Thanks Andy, the case should be done in around a weeks time, its sourcing the parts that take the time, im having a very hard time finding 2mm thick black gloss perspex/plexiglass, the thinnest seems to be 3mm, thats thicker than i would like, the ideal size would be 1mm.

Adam.

I'm Martin.

Try a model shop.

Thin perspex sheets are regularly used for "glass" parts on RC cars and aircraft etc... Black is popular becuase it doesn't show the gubbins inside.

I'm Adam.

Try a model shop.

Thin perspex sheets are regularly used for "glass" parts on RC cars and aircraft etc... Black is popular becuase it doesn't show the gubbins inside.
    Thanks Martin, will take a look

Adam.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Have you considered using some kind of smoked coloured perspex & spraying the rear? Just a thought
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast