+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UE Triple Fi 10 Pro Earbuds

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Cheers Colin, I look forward to getting mine.

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

Nice one Ali! I use to have a pair of these a couple of years ago. They are still one my favourite pairs of IEM that I've owned & I must of had a dozen pairs!

These are at the top end of IEM & just as good as the Shure E5C I had (2 driver pro market IEM that came before the SE530 3 driver version) both sounded different but I wouldn't say one was better. I did find the shure's a little more comfortable though. It's worth playing around with tips too, they do change the sound a little but also alter comfort alot. Shure do some black foam sleeves that I found to work best for me, but all ears are different. Think they were EABKF1, they come in S, M, L but you can get a mixed pack to find your size.

Both pairs offer alot more comfort than the Etymotic Research ER4 with their triple flange tips they were like torture devices!!! Very good IEM if you prefer a lean accurate sound the Triple - Fi are a far bit warmer sounding.

I sold most IEM on once I stopped lodgeing away with work. I've still got a pair of UE SuperFi 5i & a pair of Sleek SA6 that only get limited use with my RSA Tomahawk these days. I had quite a few mini headphone amps too & amp/dac combo's.

A good choice Ali, probably what I would of recommended anyway.

P.S. what you going to use as a source?
    alfie
    Main System: Denon DP-6000 VPI Base/Fidelity Research FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch or Audio Note CDT & M2Tech Young Dac/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.
    2nd System: PC/Foobar/E-MU 0404 pci (Modded)/AVI ADM9/Rel Strata II subs.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Cheers Alfie, it's good to know I made the right choice. I bought a Graham Slee Voyager which I'll use with my laptop running my external drive full of FLAC, and also to watch dvd/blurays, but I also wanted it small enough to fit in my pocket to use with my phone. I may get a NuForce Icon2 later on for use with the laptop.

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

I've never heard the GS Voyager, but you should have a nice little set-up there!!

I used 2 or 3 different systems depending on how long I was in B&B for. If I was swapping most nights I would use iPod, mini-amp, IEMs. Then later laptop, HeadAmp Pico Dac/amp & IEM. If I was in the same B&B all week I sometimes took my Earmax Pro & HD-600 or DT770 pro. It's great having a nice portable set-up. It makes the living out of a B&B alot more fun IMO.

If you do end up expending on your portable system have a look at the Headamp Pico http://www.headamp.com/pico/index.htm & the iBasso kit http://www.ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=30 & RSA http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/products/predator all very nice.
    alfie
    Main System: Denon DP-6000 VPI Base/Fidelity Research FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch or Audio Note CDT & M2Tech Young Dac/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Cheers mate, I was going to ask you about phone amps. I'll take a look. Which do you think was the best you had?

I'm Nick.

Cor... three drivers per ear! I have a pair of dual-armature Jays Q-Jays, and the difference between them (£120) and IEM's costing £50 is significant. Having heard them, I can well imagine that the jump in performance to a £230 pair of three-way IEMs is significant again. I'll be very interested to hear what you think about them when you've got them. There's a lot of factors affecting IEM performance, not least the drivers - the way they fit your ears, the isolation they have from cable noise etc.

I found mine needed 'breaking in' for a few days, at least the sound appeared to settle after a day or two of use.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I'll certainly let you know Nick, looking forward to them myself!

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

Well it's a good couple of years since I had my set-ups! Must be 6 or 7 since I got the first iPod & Chu-Moy (you should build one of those great little amps) Infact I've got one here I can send up if you want, a German fella made it for me in a mints tin.

If it's small portables your interested in the RSA Tomahawk is a great little amp but the newer RSA's are supposed to be better!

I only owned the Pico in Dac/amps & it was great, the Dac was really very very good & one of the first mini usb dac's, But now the iBasso's get very good reviews.

Infact Ali I've got 3 or 4 portables I could box up & send to you for a try? Probably only the RSA would give the Slee a run for it's money, but you'd have some bench marks to work off.
    alfie

I'm inthescottishmafia.

That would be great, thanks very much mate, I'll PM my address.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12