+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not sure I'll be able to flush this one down the toilet...

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    I know you won't believe this, but I swear it's true. My next-door neighbour has a fishpond stocked with goldfish. Two weeks ago, he saw a large black bird sitting next to it eying up breakfast.

I saw him the next morning. "'ere" he said, " I had a shag in me pond this morning!"
    ..."I thank you...my name Shane and ahm ere all week"

Very poor indeed...
    Cheers, Will

I'm Shane.

But absolutely true, Promise!!!

I'm Nathan.

My father was visiting a factory close to where he works, and while there he was brought around the back to see the pond the man he was speaking to maintained.

He was told he could lend a hand feeding the koy that were kept in the pond. Its fair to say he was shocked when standing at the edge he looked into the pond to see a koy bigger than himself. Apparently the pond had quite a few of them. That's what thirty years of care, a very large pond, and plenty of food can do.

Nathan
    DIY is fine and dandy, but just try selling it on!

Nathan.

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by RochaCullen View Post
    My father was visiting a factory close to where he works, and while there he was brought around the back to see the pond the man he was speaking to maintained.

He was told he could lend a hand feeding the koy that were kept in the pond. Its fair to say he was shocked when standing at the edge he looked into the pond to see a koy bigger than himself. Apparently the pond had quite a few of them. That's what thirty years of care, a very large pond, and plenty of food can do.

Nathan
    Apparently the goldfish record is 43 years, but anywhere between 2 and 15 is normal...not a fact I had to hand, I was just checking in case of disease etc. but there doesn't seem any external evidence of that on the fish, well not to my limited knowledge anyway
    Cheers, Will

I'm invisible.

Kept all sorts of fish over the years, coldwater, tropical and marine. The salties are very time consuming and can work out bloody expensive. 40% of my leccy bill went to keeping them alive, then theres all the other stuff. Would love a pond but dont have the room. C'est la vie.
    If only it was that simple

Main System :
    Quad II/40 amps, Music First passive pre, Tannoy Stirling SE speakers, Technics 1200 + RB301, V-LPS, digital streaming from Mac mini via Lifatec Toslink to Moon 300D. Meier Corda Arietta headphone amp, Sennheiser HD650 Phones. Mark Grant i/c cables. Speaker cables, Audioquest Rocket 44 BiWire.

Ray.

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by jantheman View Post
    Kept all sorts of fish over the years, coldwater, tropical and marine. The salties are very time consuming and can work out bloody expensive. 40% of my leccy bill went to keeping them alive, then theres all the other stuff. Would love a pond but dont have the room. C'est la vie.
    The previous occupants kept koy carp, our ecosystem's a little less flash...frogs and goldfish

It's a lovely thing to sit by on a warm summers night
    Cheers, Will

I'm Nobody.

Is it right that Goldfish grow in relation to the size of the tank they live in? Tiny bowl, stay small pond size grow as big as they naturally can!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12