+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi From Rainy Rossendale

I'm Andy.

Default Hi From Rainy Rossendale

i've been browsing this forum for a few hours and like what I see/Read
    i'm a Computer tech who loves Music (good job as it rains here ALL the time! )
    been into Hi Fi since around 1997 when I got some Kef Q35's and a marantz Ki setup (I Still use the KI63mkII Cd player to this day)
    Stuck with that system for about 9 years until I Got my first Valve amp after hearing a friends, an Icon Stereo 40i Classic,
    a Nice Cheap introduction into the valve way of doing things I Quickly realized this was the way I wanted to go
    and ended up with my current system which I'm very happy with
    i've posted some system pics in the relevent Forum.
    if you have any comments/Questions i'd be happy to answer them.

System Pics Link
    Last edited by u72; 07-09-2008 at 00:58.
    Current Setup
    iMac/Apple TV/Marantz KI 63mkII > Altmann Attraction DAC (Turbo'd) > Border Patrol CU > Border Patrol P20 > ProAc D38

System Details/Pics Link

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum

Excuse my ignorance, but where is Rossendale?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Shane.

Just up the road from Bacup...

LOL, and where exactly is that?

A region, such as Yorkshire, Essex, or whatever would be good. In the UK I'm only really familiar with North Wales and Scotland!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm InSpace.

In the North West of England:

http://www.visitnorthwest.com/rossendale/map.htm
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

Cheers, Mikey.

I just done a search and found that it was near Rochdale. Rochdale I've heard of, Bacup and Rossendale I haven't. That's why entering regions are important, and hence why I write 'Wrexham, North Wales' in my location. I don't presume that everyone knows where Wrexham is

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Andy.

7:37am on a sunday? your keen Marco! i've amended my profile to include Lancashire UK
    Current Setup
    iMac/Apple TV/Marantz KI 63mkII > Altmann Attraction DAC (Turbo'd) > Border Patrol CU > Border Patrol P20 > ProAc D38

System Details/Pics Link

Hi Andy,

LOL. Thanks for doing that. I was up early because I had to go somewhere

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread