+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Adding pre-out to Teac A-H300 possible?

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Did you use a foam roller with the Hammerite Adam? Looks like a nice job from what i can see Definately better than the silver finish
    Hi Mark, no i ended up with some spray paint for the job, i couldn't find any hammerite in my local (tiny) DIY shop, there is a couple of dust particles under the paint on top of the amp but you really have to look to see them, had to work in my shed in a make shift spray booth (a sony av amp cardboard box), but it did the trick.

I may give them another few coats over the next few weeks just to make the coat thicker and more robust.

I cant seem to find any gold/brass screws to use on the side to screw the lid to the chassis, think there M4 6mm, there bit bigger than the back screws which i think are M3, might have to pop into my local PC shop and ask them.

Just going to wait now for 2 days before i hook the system back up so leaves the paint plenty time to harden.

Adam.
    [Main Room Audio/Video:] TV: Toshiba 32LV665V - AV Amp: Sony STR-DH810 - BD/DVD Player: Sony BDP-S360 - Speakers: Sony SS-MS155
    [Bedroom Audio:] Amp: Teac A-H300 Modded Pre/Power Amp - CD Player: Teac PD-H300 - Speakers: Eltax Wave Mini - Interconnects: QED Performance Audio 2 - Speaker Cable: QED Silver Anniversary XT

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
    I cant seem to find any gold/brass screws to use on the side to screw the lid to the chassis, think there M4 6mm, there bit bigger than the back screws which i think are M3, might have to pop into my local PC shop and ask them.
    Hi Adam, me again

Yellow pages used to be great for looking for suppliers of bolts, screws, nuts etc (plenty of nuts on here ) but i'm not sure how good it is these days...

Look for a bolt supplier near you, i had a few here in Peterborough so things can't be too bad. You'll be amazed at what these people stock. I Bought solid brass M6 screw thread, nuts, locking washers etc. They'll likely have all sorts of threads & lengths in stock or could get them - it's what they do after all
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Hi Adam, me again

Yellow pages used to be great for looking for suppliers of bolts, screws, nuts etc (plenty of nuts on here ) but i'm not sure how good it is these days...

Look for a bolt supplier near you, i had a few here in Peterborough so things can't be too bad. You'll be amazed at what these people stock. I Bought solid brass M6 screw thread, nuts, locking washers etc. They'll likely have all sorts of threads & lengths in stock or could get them - it's what they do after all
    I will have a look in the big yellow book, i think i will take one of the original screws with me, that would be a good idea as they probably have 100+ dif types.

Thanks Mark, have a cyber beer on me ..

Adam
    [Main Room Audio/Video:] TV: Toshiba 32LV665V - AV Amp: Sony STR-DH810 - BD/DVD Player: Sony BDP-S360 - Speakers: Sony SS-MS155
    [Bedroom Audio:] Amp: Teac A-H300 Modded Pre/Power Amp - CD Player: Teac PD-H300 - Speakers: Eltax Wave Mini - Interconnects: QED Performance Audio 2 - Speaker Cable: QED Silver Anniversary XT

I'm geraint.

hey, thanks guys, as i have the same system this may come in handy

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by 24tuccu View Post
    hey, thanks guys, as i have the same system this may come in handy
    Please pop into the Welcome section of the forum on your return and say hello there, tell us a wee bit about yourself, system and taste in music. Thank you in advance.

Regards D S D L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789