+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HDMI Cable

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I bought one of MG's 720 cables and I found it substantially better than another I paid more for, wired between the Sky box and telly. Someone on another forum recommended one of these-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_1533wt_1139

So I've bought one to try. Looks good spec.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I bought one of MG's 720 cables and I found it substantially better than another I paid more for, wired between the Sky box and telly. Someone on another forum recommended one of these-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_1533wt_1139

So I've bought one to try. Looks good spec.

OP check the settings menu for the Topfield and see if you can set the resolution output. At SD quality There won't be much between your scart or HDMI. IF your box will do 1080 or 720 then disconnect the scart as it may not allow upscaling if scart connected...highly unlikely but check just in case.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

I'm Ron.

Default HDMI v Scart

Thanks folks, I'm sticking with the HDMI lead for now. My question is whether more money spent on a HDMI cable is worth it.... guess its a question of investigate further and try? By the way I'm not trying to start an interconnect war, I'll leave that to Col Gadafi, just checking out VFM and the opinions/experience of those who have already been and done it, worn the T-shirt and all that jazz.

Ron

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

If i was to recommend any HDMI cable then i can only recommend one make The reason for this is quite simply that this is the only cable that sucsessfully consistently handshakes between my Panasonic BD player & Philips TV. I have tried other more expensive cables & had problems as well as not so good pictures

The cable/s?

Mark Grant G720 & G1080...

I'll never buy any other in future
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzBones View Post
    Thanks folks, I'm sticking with the HDMI lead for now. My question is whether more money spent on a HDMI cable is worth it.... guess its a question of investigate further and try? By the way I'm not trying to start an interconnect war, I'll leave that to Col Gadafi, just checking out VFM and the opinions/experience of those who have already been and done it, worn the T-shirt and all that jazz.

Ron

I'd say that if you had a 1080 screen of larger than 40" or had a 3d screen then it might be difficult to see a lot of difference. It's a difficult thing is cables, especially digital ones. Keeping the length as short as possible is always good.

Unless you require long length any quality HDMI will work perfectly. Mark Grant cables are always the defacto choice as you will have to try very hard to find. A negative re his quality. Make sure you avoid the expensive cable that use heavy duty plugs as all they do is strain the tv socket.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12