+ Reply to Thread

Thread: recording with headphones

I'm daphne.

Default recording with headphones

i hope i have put this thread in the right place.
    i wanted to know if recording with headphones would effect the recording in any way? i use CDr and i find that i get bad background noise, i know that this is me overloading it and i am practising not doing that but i have been offered a set of bose headphones, apparently they are very good, ive never heard of the brand but i have had a search http://www.twenga.co.uk/dir-Audio-Vi...Headphones-372 and they look really very expensive so i dont know if i want to get them. if they will improve the quality then it would be worth it but if they are just headphones then i see no reason not to just carry on with my ipod headphones...

Quote Originally Posted by daphne View Post
    i wanted to know if recording with headphones would effect the recording in any way? .
    Might be better trying with a mic..

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Might be better trying with a mic..
    DIY is fine and dandy, but just try selling it on!

Nathan.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Well, you CAN use headphones as a microphone - have done on several occasions in emergencies during my DJ'ing days when both my mics packed up... But we'll assume "Daphne" is talking about monitoring the recording by listening through headphones... In which case, no they shouldn't affect it at all... I am wondering if we have a bit of a wind-up going on here, Daphne? You've never heard of Bose, so you'll just carry on using your ipod phones... hmmmm.... I know you say you live in France, but even there I suspect you would have to be a cave dwelling hermit to have never seen an advert for Bose "hifi" at some point!

If you're asking for us to recommend you buy a pair of Bose headphones then I would be surprised if any of us have any experience, but you never know... If you'd like some recommendations as an alternative to your ipod 'phones, then tell us what your budget is, and I'm sure we can come up with a bewildering array of options for you!

Welcome to AoS, by the way!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Andrew.

Assuming you are referring to listening (monitoring), rather than microphone recording, you would be better off with the proper equipment.

Not a Bose fan myself, for mile high freaks in my opinion. Better off with proper monitoring 'phones such as Beyer Dynamic DT770.

what are you recording on, a Mac, PC 8 track machine, Philips dictaphone...?

I'm Andrew.

Oh yes, CDr....stick with Bose, then...or Sony, no fear etc....

I'm Chris.

Bose?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

+ Reply to Thread