+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats your favorite IEM phones

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post

I used to have some Shure E2C's and they were good, probably not flavour of the month though..
    I've got those, very respectable pair indeed. Have withstood a lot of abuse as well, none worse than being buried in sand on 3 different holidays. Still going strong.

Not amazing in the high end and can really show up a bad recording but overall a decent set.

I'm Pig.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGig View Post
    In Ear Monitors
    Monitors?? :0. Mmmm, ok.

Is that a bit like Amstrad Hi-Fi? I've never forgiven him for that...

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Monitors?? :0. Mmmm, ok.

Is that a bit like Amstrad Hi-Fi? I've never forgiven him for that...
    Amstrad HiFi..........

I know using the word 'monitor' sounds far fetched, but they do have up to 3 speakers and a crossover in the better units. They sound exceptional for an inner ear phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Ears Website
    http://ultimateears.com
    Hear the music the way it was mixed.

Triple-armature design with passive crossover: Low, mid and high sound frequencies are separated and directed to three individual armature speaker drivers for a sonically rich experience.
    Audio filters shape the sound for the closest experience to custom personal monitors available.
    P.S. I don't work for UE, I just like them
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Pig.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGig View Post
    I know using the word 'monitor' sounds far fetched, but they sound exceptional for an inner ear phone.
    I'll have to take your word for it, maybe ;0)

I'm colin.

Dont they just call them monitors because thats what they were originally used for by musicians or am i missing something

I'm Zainul.

Quote Originally Posted by colinB View Post
    Dont they just call them monitors because thats what they were originally used for by musicians or am i missing something
    Pretty much it, yep.

How about our newly launched Unique Melody custom earphones: www.uniquemelody.co.uk

I'm using the Miracles (6 drivers per ear!) at the moment and they are simply stunning. Sure, they can't reproduce that sense of presence and weight that a set of speakers can, but the detail and intamacy is incredible, in some recordings I can make out the converstion of someone in the crowd

At £775 a pop they aren't cheap but compared to other customs are around 20% less, still better build quality and no annoying mid-bass hump that others seem to have (I've got the JH13 and UE18 Pro)

Apart from those beasts I use the HiFiMan RE0 (great bang for buck at £60), the Hippo VB, and the Soundmagic PL50. All great IEMs with different strengths.
    AmpCity - Calyx, Matrix, Audio Gd, Hifiman

If you've got a question about headphones, headphone amplifiers or DACs, I'm your man.

Get the best out of your headphones with our Headphone Recabling Service: http://www.ampcity.co.uk/headphone-r...e-fidelis.html

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by colinB View Post
    Well, except that if you speak to a musician, they'll call them headphones (or cans) just like anyone else. In a studio a monitor is a speaker whether it's got 1 driver or 10.
    ..........No?

I'm Nick.

I use and love, my Jays' Q-Jays - they have a lightness and clarity that is far better than any other IEMs I've had (inc. Shure and Sennheisers) and they're very comfortable. Not too well known in the UK but well worth checking out.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12