+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaker cable recommendations

I'm invisible.

Default Speaker cable recommendations

Guys...I'm in the doghouse...SWMBO has DECIDED that our lounge needs a reorganisation. Needless to say I was happy as it was but after taking a severe battering I have moved stuff around and now find myself in need of a pair of 4m speaker cables.
    Any recommendations (bearing in mind the components listed below) up to about 300 squids....
    If only it was that simple

Main System :
    Quad II/40 amps, Music First passive pre, Tannoy Stirling SE speakers, Technics 1200 + RB301, V-LPS, digital streaming from Mac mini via Lifatec Toslink to Moon 300D. Meier Corda Arietta headphone amp, Sennheiser HD650 Phones. Mark Grant i/c cables. Speaker cables, Audioquest Rocket 44 BiWire.

Ray.

MartinT Guest

Kimber 8TC or 12TC is very good value for money and excellent sounding cable.

What about the trying Van Damme blue 6mm. Before you empty your wallet on Kimber cable (good stuff btw). I am lucky enough that 2.5m does me so Sterling Black Mamba is what I use. Im sure someone somewhere must know where it is sourced (China)so you could get longer lengths.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

I'm Juha.

Quote Originally Posted by jantheman View Post
    Guys...I'm in the doghouse...SWMBO has DECIDED that our lounge needs a reorganisation. Needless to say I was happy as it was but after taking a severe battering I have moved stuff around and now find myself in need of a pair of 4m speaker cables.
    Any recommendations (bearing in mind the components listed below) up to about 300 squids....
    I just checked from e-bay if there were any Supra Sword speaker cables for sale and hey presto:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Supra-Sword-Sp...item43a5927c32

I sold my 3 meter pair some time ago for £350, so the price should be OK with those for 4 meter pair. I have no connection to the seller, I just know that Supra Sword is great cable for the money.
    My Gear

Source components:
    Garrard 401 in a solid birch plywood plinth / Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro / ESCo modified Denon DL-103
    Pioneer TX-9800 tuner
    Amplification:
    Art Audio Diavolo and Conductor, Pair of XTZ Sub Amp 1's, Nick G 'Dual Phono' phono stage
    Loudspeakers:
    Bastanis Mandala Atlas with 15" sealed woofers
    Cables:
    Analysis Plus: Big Silver Oval speaker cables and Silver Oval-in interconnects, Mark Grant DSP 2.5 Dual Screened power cables
    Record cleaning
    Nitty Gritty 1.5Fi MK II

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Buy this, it's excellent IMHO-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Microphonic-Au...#ht_500wt_1156

Don't let the low price put you off.

I'm colin.

Bought van damm of Mark Grant recently and it worked well. Good price to

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by selfaddict View Post
    I just checked from e-bay if there were any Supra Sword speaker cables for sale and hey presto:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Supra-Sword-Sp...item43a5927c32

I sold my 3 meter pair some time ago for £350, so the price should be OK with those for 4 meter pair. I have no connection to the seller, I just know that Supra Sword is great cable for the money.
    That looks similar to some Supra cable i have here that is attached to a pair of NS1000M crossovers It's as thick as hell & weighs a ton, i had no idea it was so expensive

Only ID is "Supra +" on the positive cable...
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Phil.

supra cable is brilliant
    chord oddy is very good value s/h and townshend isolda is brilliant and betters the oddy

analysis plus cable betters all of them if you can find some
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Juha.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    analysis plus cable betters all of them if you can find some
    +1
    My Gear

Source components:
    Garrard 401 in a solid birch plywood plinth / Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro / ESCo modified Denon DL-103
    Pioneer TX-9800 tuner
    Amplification:
    Art Audio Diavolo and Conductor, Pair of XTZ Sub Amp 1's, Nick G 'Dual Phono' phono stage
    Loudspeakers:
    Cables:
    Analysis Plus: Big Silver Oval speaker cables and Silver Oval-in interconnects, Mark Grant DSP 2.5 Dual Screened power cables
    Record cleaning
    Nitty Gritty 1.5Fi MK II

I'm Juha.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    That looks similar to some Supra cable i have here that is attached to a pair of NS1000M crossovers It's as thick as hell & weighs a ton, i had no idea it was so expensive

Only ID is "Supra +" on the positive cable...
    Hi Mark.

If you have Supra Combicon connectors on the speaker cables you are for a winner . These connectors enables you to change your speaker cable termination to spades or bananas, very handy in deed.

http://www.jenving.se/sword.htm
    My Gear

Source components:
    Pioneer TX-9800 tuner
    Amplification:
    Loudspeakers:
    Cables:
    Record cleaning
    Nitty Gritty 1.5Fi MK II

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast