+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TV's without tuners

I'm Paul.

I've bought a few for work they are just called monitors

the largest I bought I think was 55", they are more expensive then a tv but if thats what your looking for then it would work.

Would you be watching Sky on it ?, even if you play the BBC iPlayer on it your ment to have a licence

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by s70rmp View Post
    <snip> even if you play the BBC iPlayer on it your ment to have a licence
    The TV licensing website states the following;-

If you watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV you must, by law, be covered by a TV Licence, no matter what device you're using.
    BBC Iplayer shows programs after they have been broadcast so you don't need a license to watch it If you are watching something online while it's being broadcast then you would need one..

TV Licensing
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by s70rmp View Post
    I've bought a few for work they are just called monitors

the largest I bought I think was 55", they are more expensive then a tv but if thats what your looking for then it would work.

Would you be watching Sky on it ?, even if you play the BBC iPlayer on it your ment to have a licence
    If you are watching live at the same time the program is being broadcast then, yes, you do need a licence BUT if you are watching at a later time then according to the licensing people, you dont need a licence.
    If only it was that simple

Main System :
    Quad II/40 amps, Music First passive pre, Tannoy Stirling SE speakers, Technics 1200 + RB301, V-LPS, digital streaming from Mac mini via Lifatec Toslink to Moon 300D. Meier Corda Arietta headphone amp, Sennheiser HD650 Phones. Mark Grant i/c cables. Speaker cables, Audioquest Rocket 44 BiWire.

Ray.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by jantheman View Post
    If you are watching live at the same time the program is being broadcast then, yes, you do need a licence BUT if you are watching at a later time then according to the licensing people, you dont need a licence.
    +1

even if you play the BBC iPlayer on it your ment to have a licence
    The above statement is wrong, you do not need a licence to watch iPlayer content, unless it's a 'live' broadcast.

EDIT: lol, just read the rest of the post's, seems I am the third person to state this..... "I must read all the posts, before posting myself"
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Paul.

I honestly thought youd need a licence, but dont you need a licence if you have a radio in the house ?

Not for about the last 40 years no

I have about 5 TVs in this house & none are connected to an aerial, i actually only use two of them at the present & only really one of those. They get used to watch blu rays, DVDs & videos with the very occasional bit of gaming.

No TV license needed here
    Bests, Mark

I'm Paul.

what no Sky HD ?

Ah no, you'd need a TV license to watch broadcast TV or to record it to your Sky HD box or whatever..
    Bests, Mark

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I have to be honest, I'm starting to wonder why I have a TV licence - I reckon I have watched about 10 hours in the last month and some of that was on DVD
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGig View Post
    I have to be honest, I'm starting to wonder why I have a TV licence - I reckon I have watched about 10 hours in the last month and some of that was on DVD
    Tim, i realised i no longer needed one when the only thing i watched on TV was the series Flashforward, i'd probably switched on the TV to watch TV for only a few hours in the whole previous year

At that point i thought it can get stuffed & if i wanted to watch whatever it was i'll wait for the blu ray or DVD & enjoy it when i wanted

I couldn't justify 50p per day for a load of shite & repeats

I don't miss it because i hardly ever used it anyway, besides which i have more music time or i now have much better quality sound & pictures (1080P) with the possibility of full surround sound with the silver discs. Either way i win...

Junk the TV viewing m8
    Bests, Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast