+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sony reel-to-reels

I'm Chris.

Default Sony reel-to-reels

My friend who's clearing her Grandad's stuff just sent me this message.
    "Just wondering if you know anyone that might want a Sony tc366 and tc355 reel to reel tape recorder?"
    If anyones interested,send me a message at roycerolls@madasafish.com and I'll forward it to her.

No further details currently!
    Chris.

I'm Nobody.

If anyone's intrested the 'TC366' is in a sloped wooden cabinet as the 'TC377'

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I owned a TC366 for many years (replaced with a TC377) and it was good. Nowadays, the mains lead will have oxidised copper and ought to be replaced, the master idler will probably be slipping, the motor will need oiling and the eq on record as well as playback is different to the modern conventions.

I'm REALLY not trying to put anyone off this dear old deck, but to re-inforce that ALL old mechanical gear like this will need a damned good service and calibration as in this case, these machines are 40+ years old...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Fear not, i know a know a man who can supply the Flywheel, Motor & counter belts complete with fitting instructions for peanuts..I bought four sets from him.

I'm Nick.

Way to go Dave.

I have a TC-377 and it was my first proper reel to reel. It needed a service, though little more than new belts, when it came to me, having sat in a wardrobe for 30 years. It was a good mid-level consumer machine at the time it came out, c. 1973.

You see machines in good condition, cosmetically and mechanically, going for up to £250 though they can often be found for much less, and it's definitely the case that if they have been serviced, and are in good physical condition, lots of photos etc, that's how the best prices will be achieved.

If someone has old reels in the loft and they want a machine to play them pack on the 377 is a good place to start.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I was given a TC377 and never used it (I had revoxes at the time). When a colleague went to use it, the master idler was slipping and neither of us could be a*sed to part dismantle it to buff it up. When I left Northants, I left it at Listen Inn and as they closed shortly after, I have no idea what happened to it...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I was given a TC377 and never used it (I had revoxes at the time). When a colleague went to use it, the master idler was slipping and neither of us could be a*sed to part dismantle it to buff it up. When I left Northants, I left it at Listen Inn and as they closed shortly after, I have no idea what happened to it...
    Just realised what your signature is from,superb!!!!!
    Paul.

I'm Nobody.

You realised before the Small Hours aswell

+ Reply to Thread