+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrunobaluxx equipment

Default Thrunobulaxx' equipment

First attempt at using photobucket, so bear with me if it fails.
    My T/T as it currently stands, it has a habit of evolving.

Edit, only managed a link to my whole file, need to have a read and try again.
    Last edited by thrunobulaxx; 02-02-2008 at 15:53. Reason: pics failed to appear.
    Regards, John.

I`m a donut, simple as that
    Regards, John.

Where i listen and communicate via pooter from.

The Kit.

Last edited by thrunobulaxx; 02-02-2008 at 16:06. Reason: add pics
    Regards, John.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Excellent pics and Photobucket handled deftly. It's simpler than a lot of folk think.

Nice MF speakers mate, retro but harking from the days when MF really made good stuff.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

Thanks for moving them to the correct place, what threw me was when i put the cursor over the img link it didnt show the normal thing, just an I that you get when you want to delet, but found that if you click it it works all the same, took me a few tries tho.

The MF MC5`s have to be one of the most underated speakers of all time, and not often seen, they lack for nothing when they have an A370 up em, i know its a joke, but the MF Db scale thing that fell out of a mag, shows me at 114db and off their chart, they are 4Ohm and 92db.
    I like old MF kit as you can see and there is a real synergy going on between pre-power-and speakers.
    The MVX pre is avery good pre-amp and has a stunning phono stage.
    Regards, John.

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Nice one John.

Maybe if you have time you could post some of your DIY creations.

I still think your DIY T/T looks awesome,would be great to hear it sometime.

ATB

David

I'm gone.

MF MC5 - hmm .. interesting! I set up a small system for my then-new father in law about 20 years ago - I chose MF MC2 speakers, quite excellent little beasties.

I'd love to hear a pair of MC5s!

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    MF MC5 - hmm .. interesting! I set up a small system for my then-new father in law about 20 years ago - I chose MF MC2 speakers, quite excellent little beasties.

I'd love to hear a pair of MC5s!
    I recently spotted a pair of MC6`s on ebay, this was a surprise as untill i found the 5`s i had never seen them let alone the MC6.
    they are bit like briks in as much as they have drivers and tweets firing out the top as well as the front, and are bass ported downwards, i had to cut circular holes in the top plate of my home made lead filled stands to let out the bass.

The black finish is a bit naff i would prefer a nice wood finish but they sound very good and do bass vey well now the stands are on double granite plinths with insulation between.
    I had the MC2`s with my first A1 and later MC4`s, i only found out recently that the MC stands for Martin Collums who designed them for MF, this cant be a bad thing.
    Last edited by thrunobulaxx; 07-02-2008 at 14:39. Reason: bad spelling
    Regards, John.

I'm Nick.

That TT really is lovely. Nice one

Old MF gear is great too, before they disappeared up their own backsides. My first amp was a little B1, I used to dream of the bigger stuff

Quote Originally Posted by enbee23 View Post
    That TT really is lovely. Nice one

Old MF gear is great too, before they disappeared up their own backsides. My first amp was a little B1, I used to dream of the bigger stuff
    Its going to be even nicer when my arm comes back from
    j7, i made a mess of the cart tags on my incognito loom, and never got round to putting the wand on a buffer after stripping its paint off, bearings are getting checked and a foam fill for the arm, cant wait.

Yes, i started with an A1 and also dreamt of owning the bigger amps, it took 20 yrs to work my way up thru the A series range.
    Regards, John.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast