+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thrunobaluxx equipment

I used to have those speakers of yours John..The black ash shrunk on all the mitres & looked a real eye sore...Only reason i got shut really..

You should have taken them apart and built nice new cabs Andre, i have a feeling that may be something i might do at some point, always prefered real wood finish to black ash.
    I was lucky with mine, cabs in very good condition as was everthing apart from the fabric covers which were soon replaced, they still look newish.
    Regards, John.

Well i have had my arm back from j7 for a couple of weeks now, i have to say that apart from the cart tags looking bespoke and the adjustment/cleaning carried out on the bearings / arm damping and polish up i never got around to after stripping the paint, its come back a different arm altogether, most noticible being the lack of surface noise at the start of the LP and much more detail.

Its gone up a league and sounds superb, i dismantled the gastly record clamp above and made a new one that screws down on a collet like the michell version, made from s/s (body) and matt black painted brass screwing tight part on top, and a few other minor changes to the deck like new oilite bearing bushes in the bearing cup, giving me some proper suction, this has tightened up everything. very pleased with it in this form.
    http://
    Regards, John.

Been some changes made to the old "event horizon" it now has an Iroko frame around the base, some C/W changes and h/shell weight, also a lovely DNM Reson "Etile" MC thanks to user 34, a new arm board that accepts a copy of a michell VTA adjuster.
    Also some Deflex "superpods" under the base, these were only £10 for 4 (75mm dia) and they do a very good job imo.
    The RB250 now has the foam damping in the wand and extra earth to wand as well as god like tags that dont fall off when i cart change thanks to j7

And a little brass "mirror" so i can see if there is muck on the stylus without getting on my knees

Last edited by thrunobulaxx; 25-09-2008 at 14:40.
    Regards, John.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12