+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aurios bearings

Default Aurios bearings

I've had a set of these on shelf for several years; I tried them under the Roksan and they made no difference that I could hear, so I put them on side meaning to sell them but not getting around to it.

I noticed that Martin T uses them under his SACD so out of idle curiosity I put them under the Meridian transport. They make a significant, positive difference, and I'm kicking myself for not trying this sooner!
    Roksan Xerxes X/Morch tonearm/VdH Frog Gold
    TEAD Groove phono amp
    MF passive preamp
    Border Patrol SE300B power amp with Western Electrics valves
    Merdian 500 transport
    Chord DAC64
    Audiovector Mi3 Signature speakers
    Various Chord cables
    Target equipment stand

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Sinclair View Post
    I noticed that Martin T uses them under his SACD so out of idle curiosity I put them under the Meridian transport. They make a significant, positive difference, and I'm kicking myself for not trying this sooner!
    Hi Iain, yes I use them under my Ayre SACD player (and previous under the Sony SCD-1). They do indeed make a difference even though my system rack is already sprung. I would describe it as increased focus in the soundstage and tighter bass.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Hi Iain, yes I use them under my Ayre SACD player (and previous under the Sony SCD-1). They do indeed make a difference even though my system rack is already sprung. I would describe it as increased focus in the soundstage and tighter bass.
    That's about how I'd describe it too; there's also a removal of a subtle 'haze'; a sort of cleaning-up of the sound.

Now I guess I'll have to investigate a 'proper' system rack. Bugger!
    Roksan Xerxes X/Morch tonearm/VdH Frog Gold
    TEAD Groove phono amp
    MF passive preamp
    Border Patrol SE300B power amp with Western Electrics valves
    Merdian 500 transport
    Chord DAC64
    Audiovector Mi3 Signature speakers
    Various Chord cables
    Target equipment stand

+ Reply to Thread