+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Naimless system to valves and horns

I'm Tony.

I will keep a picture record, I would be interested if anyone can come up with some ideas as to suitable racking that I may not have come across.

I'm Jason.

That system is simply stunning. If those components sound half as good as they look it must be sublime. I'm hoping to dive into tubes and efficient speakers some day, but I doubt I'll be able to achieve this. Good on ya bro.

I'm Philip.

Nice cabin,I am just getting mine sorted so I can get my Oris horns out of storage.I got mine from a company called "Creative Living" 5 by 4 metres will post some pictures when organised.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Tony - one of our members Twelvebears (Steve) went through the process of having a separate room built - you might find these threads of interest:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5976 (the story appears to run out of steam - but continues here

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5237 (Post 38 on is where the new room build stuff starts.)

Hopefully some of the discussions back then will be helpful to you, or at least thought provoking.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ILOB.

Impessive system I once head something very similar at GT Audio
    Not for me but see why some people love it; the scale in the mid and treble is very impressive
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

WOW that looks a stunning set up! I would love to hear this one day!

Mint Green AG Trios!

Tony did you by any chance own a pair of gold AG Uno Nano's in the past?
    alfie
    Main System: Denon DP-6000 VPI Base/Fidelity Research FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch or Audio Note CDT & M2Tech Young Dac/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.
    2nd System: PC/Foobar/E-MU 0404 pci (Modded)/AVI ADM9/Rel Strata II subs.

I'm Tony.

Thank you for the advice in seeing someone elses music room. Really interesting advice and very helpful.

Like I said, I believe my system is not every bodies taste, I am very interested in other systems, I am sure that there are many different choices for many different systems.
    I would be very interested in your choice of system, so to see what made you go down the route you chose.
    I have listened to things like Adams, other horns, as mentioned in the intro, all of which I must say I thought were great. In my opinion, I thought that the Trios were a smart piece of furniture, as well as a three d picture that I find very difficult to explain.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie2902 View Post
    WOW that looks a stunning set up! I would love to hear this one day!

Mint Green AG Trios!

Tony did you by any chance own a pair of gold AG Uno Nano's in the past?
    Yes I did!!?

I'm ILOB.

If you get a chance visit next year Scalford show, so many different systems and a real friendly vibe
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm ThinkingOfHorns.

I know Mark who bought them from you & he mentioned the previous owner had upgraded to mint green AG Trio's. So I put 2 & 2 together!

Here's a pic of your old speakers in action last Sunday

alfie
    Main System: Denon DP-6000 VPI Base/Fidelity Research FR64s/Ortofon SPU Royal GM MKII/Shelter 901/Auditorium 23 SUT/Pure Sound P10/SB Touch or Audio Note CDT & M2Tech Young Dac/BL Audio LP-1/New Audio Frontiers KT66 Legend/Living Voice OBX.
    2nd System: PC/Foobar/E-MU 0404 pci (Modded)/AVI ADM9/Rel Strata II subs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast