+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just wanted to say thankyou to Marco and all the guys at AoS

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Default Just wanted to say thankyou to Marco and all the guys at AoS

Well I have just passed 100 posts and a lot has changed for me since joining the forum, so I wanted to say thanks to you all for making me so welcome. Its been a great place to hang out and I have learnt an awful lot since becoming a member.

It's also prompted me to get off my arse and improve things, I am seeing marked improvements without spending a fortune - but I fear I am just about to spend a fortune

It's also encouraged me to try things out and swap stuff around, to see what effect it has, something I haven't done for years. So thanks again guys, a great forum and a great bunch of very knowledgeable and helpful members. My system may only be modest, but it's already better and I have got a great new play-list of artists to research as well.

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

All good fun innit?

Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

All the best Tim I have had some changes being threatened for about a year that finally came about recently & man am i pleased i took the time out to do them It meant nearly two weeks without my main system, but when it all came together...OMG

Take your time fella, apart from the tunes of course

I do agree, this is the place to be
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm John.

Good on ya Tim
    I must say you get full marks for courage. I have no idea how old you are but if you’re anything like my age, change is always a challenge.

Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Good on ya Tim
    I must say you get full marks for courage. I have no idea how old you are but if you’re anything like my age, change is always a challenge.
    I'm 50 ish John, raised on ELP, Pink Floyd and Genesis . . . and I find everything in life a challenge!

I'm Rob.

Hi Tim, you realise that you are now suffering from a disease from which you will NEVER recover. You are only as good as your next "fix" and the cost of the "drugs" gets evermore costly. You can reduce the costs by undertaking diy tweaks and upgrades. You can even make your own amps and speakers. Once you start on that road you can kiss goodbye to any normal existence as you sit doggedly bent night after night, day after day, over your soldering iron. The ever pleasant (pun intended) smell of solder fumes is totally addictive, which is a good thing as the hours pass almost as if by magic. There is no known cure.

Enjoy.

Rob.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Hi Tim, you realise that you are now suffering from a disease from which you will NEVER recover. You are only as good as your next "fix" and the cost of the "drugs" gets evermore costly. You can reduce the costs by undertaking diy tweaks and upgrades. You can even make your own amps and speakers. Once you start on that road you can kiss goodbye to any normal existence as you sit doggedly bent night after night, day after day, over your soldering iron. The ever pleasant (pun intended) smell of solder fumes is totally addictive, which is a good thing as the hours pass almost as if by magic. There is no known cure.

Enjoy.

Rob.
    Lol, you may be right there - although I'm not so sure about picking up a soldering iron, I haven't done that since I left the Royal Navy . . . and that was a long time ago!

MartinT Guest

I'm late to this, Tim, but the great thing about AoS is it's a two-way thing and I've learned things from you, too. So here's to the next 100

P.S. I'm fifty-ish too

I'm Will.

Nice thread Tim...

I have very similar sentiments, lots of good people on here, opened my eyes to all sorts of interesting stuff, from hardware to software and most importantly the music too.

Even the arguments are reasonably well mannered...well mostly

Just below the 50 radar, but it's not far off...
    Cheers, Will

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast