+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vinyl or digital?

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Togil View Post
    I think I saw The Who there ; they were loud, of course, but the hall made it unbearably so
    Saw The Who at Manchester University Union in 1969. So loud that quite literally, if you were not in close proximity to other members of the audience, your sense of balance was compromised i.e it was hard to walk upright in a straight line! I got a small puncture in my left eardrum from the volume at that gig. In the subsequent 16 gigs, other than the opening of The Rainbow (Finsbury Park) , I never saw them play better. It was a few nights before the Live at Leeds Gig.

---//---
    Well, hello.

I'm ILOB.

The loudest gig I ever been to Yngwie Malmsteen at the Marquee only gig i heard people shouting turn it down and this was at a metal gig. There is a great Ted Nugent story of people complaining about noise lveels 15miles away and a pigion flying pass decency prevents me saying what happened to the pigion when hit by that volume of sound No wonder Pete and Ted are nearly death
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234