+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer based audio discussion

Hi Guys,

I don't think I have heard of the Toshiba black triangle CD issue? I remember reading HiFi World? and their CD recommendations.

Apparently all issues of DSOTM were from second generation copies and not masters so I heard?

I have the 30th aniversary LP and a couple? of other LP's. But only the one CD.

There was meant to be a downloadable DVD-A? version on the net, in surround sound which apparently came from the master? And I had heard that the CD layer of the SACD was meant to be one of the better copies?

Regarding Gong, I am not sure what my original 70's pressing is, or my 180g re-issue is?, as my 105.4 are right in front of the shelf they are stored in and I cannot get access to them

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl Grinder View Post
    I have the 1st issue's of the Gong Trilogy of LP's..You mention Audiophile pressing! Do you meant the Italian issues on Get Back records?

I have the SACD 'Dark Side Of The Moon' CD.Doesn't sound as good as the 30th anniversary Vinyl issue to me.

Yes its the 1999 Get Back copy in 180g vinyl. I take it there may be better re-issues?

My original is the 1973 Virgin release, which though no heavy, it seems more natural and involving, the Get Back re-issue though good seems to be more EQ'ed with more treble emphasis?

I know of no more recent re-issues of the gong LP's..I've just bought the latest Emerson Lake & Palmer 180 grm re-issues on Get back.I'm very impressed with both the sound & packaging, shame the record labels wern't so plain.

Quote Originally Posted by sastusbulbas View Post

Regarding Gong, I am not sure what my original 70's pressing is, or my 180g re-issue is?, as my 105.4 are right in front of the shelf they are stored in and I cannot get access to them
    If 1st issue it should be the black & white virgin label with the two virgins & dragon (Black & white not the coloured one)..I much prefer the other design cover art for this album you found on the Byg, Charley issues..

If 1st issue it should be the black & white virgin label with the two virgins & dragon (Black & white not the coloured one)..I much prefer the other design cover art for this album you found on the Byg, Charley issues..
    It just says virgin 1973 I think, plain green lable with virgin written on it for the LP, the cover is a gatefold with the two girls in white in the lower left rear corner.

The Re-issue album art is a pretty good copy of this.

It just says virgin 1973 I think, plain green lable with virgin written on it for the LP, the cover is a gatefold with the two girls in white in the lower left rear corner.

Here's the 1st issue (Black & white virgins)

Heres the pale green label you have shown here on TD's 'Rubycon' fuzzy.

These early re-issues were equally as good as the originals, it was the '80's re-issues that were bad.

Last edited by sastusbulbas; 10-02-2008 at 22:11.

Though I hope not to see any of the MAC versus PC snobbery, cause PC's can outperform MACs
    Like i hinted at early on, Apple users are like Linn/Naim users

I am currently getting peeved at the time a couple of album downloads are taking.

Utorrent with a lossless 24bit Flac file/album still got an hour+ to go and a couple of ambient albums on zip file at MP3 rate look like they are taking just as long.

Broadband pah...

Not that computers should be used for music, but they are legitimit free downloads... (though at this rate I could probably order the CD online and get it in the morning post before these finish doon loadin)

And this was meant to be my last day on sick leave...

Computers for audio pah.. what next.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Like i hinted at early on, Apple users are like Linn/Naim users
    Ahhh, that popular misconception from an MS user.

Though I hope not to see any of the MAC versus PC snobbery, cause PC's can outperform MACs
    No no no no!

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

+ Reply to Thread