Conversation Between Reid Malenfant and lensi

2 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Lensi, I should with any luck be getting back on with it shortly

Fairly sure I have everything I need, except a pillar drill You see I'm planning on adding extra output transistors & I'll need to drill & possibly tap the heatsinks.

If you have the European version of the P600, you don't need to run a single amplifer, use both! But bypass the step up transformer which doubles the output voltage.

That way you'll still have a nice balanced output & it'd be the same as the US version, which doesn't have the step up transformer fitted.

Actually you'd need to run both amps, the circuitry wouldn't allow you to use a single amp without a good bit of modification.

Bit of a dogs dinner these things are in all honesty, they are designed so only PS can really deal with them, bits of the amplifier circuit are on different PCBs
  2. Hi Mark
    I was very interested to see your PS Audio 600 post and comments. I have exactly the same unit that the current PS UK Agent have been wasting months on repairing. I've spoken to PS US . . a complete full circle of time wasting. Therefore I'm think to work on it myself and maybe even convert to a 60hz 115v supply by running one amp only to power some US equipment I have. I'd be really keen to know how you got on with your DIY service and rebuild ?
    Thanks
    Lensi
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2