PDA

View Full Version : iplayer access on Playstation

colinB
15-02-2011, 22:50
I cant figure out how to get to the iplayer on the ps3. Anyone know where on the x bar it is? :scratch:

Alex_UK
15-02-2011, 22:56
I cant figure out how to get to the iplayer on the ps3. Anyone know where on the x bar it is? :scratch:

Should be under "TV" along with ITV & 4oD - if it isn't there, turn off and unplug the PS3, before reconnecting and rebooting - it didn't appear on my new one from the off from memory.

colinB
15-02-2011, 23:25
Thanks Alex ill try that once ive finished Gran Turismo :eyebrows:
I didnt even see a tv icon.:scratch:

Alex_UK
15-02-2011, 23:36
I didnt even see a tv icon.:scratch:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/img/ps3_blog_01_600.jpg

Have you got CoD Black Ops? More addictive than crack cocaine!

colinB
15-02-2011, 23:47
No not yet. Always had segas and x boxs so just starting out.
Grabbed a couple of games i know, Fifa and Motogp, the only new one i got was uncharted2.
I loved Rainbow 6 and Brothers in Arms but never played Call of Duty.
Im finding GT3 more fun than Forza or Project Gotham

Miss Halo though.

colinB
15-02-2011, 23:57
Bloody shame you dont get Bravia sync with the PS3.

colinB
16-02-2011, 00:02
No definetly dont get the tv icon. Unplugged it and fired it up but it doesnt appear.

Alex_UK
16-02-2011, 00:07
Very strange... Are you connected to the internet, with a Playstation Network account set up and logged in?

EDIT: Full info here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2009/09/new_version_of_bbc_iplayer_for.html)

Looks like you need a Playstation Network account (free) for it to work: "Sign up for the PSN network (it's free) using a UK address, which seems to be a requirement for getting the iPlayer icon to appear."

colinB
16-02-2011, 00:18
Ah. I have done software updates online but i never bothered signing into Network. It sounded nosey if you know what i mean.

Alex_UK
16-02-2011, 06:19
Yes, but if you want to play online or use the services, not much choice!

colinB
16-02-2011, 13:57
Signed into Network last night. Took ages because it wouldnt take my email address for some reason and had to open a new email account but everything is working now and i have all the tv watch again stations:)

Alex_UK
16-02-2011, 22:36
Glad you're sorted Colin. I've had (still have) a nightmare with my new PS3 Slim on my wireless network - keeps signing itself out of PSN, even though I've done everything I can think of (fixed IP address, Exposed host/DMZ entry etc.) Works fine via ethernet, so must be a compatibility issue with my wireless - whereas my original PS3 never had a problem - hey ho, wired is better anyway I guess.

pwood
16-02-2011, 22:46
Would be nice if iPlayer was available in HD on the PS3 but I suppose it would stutter too much anyway.

colinB
16-02-2011, 23:53
Glad you're sorted Colin. I've had (still have) a nightmare with my new PS3 Slim on my wireless network - keeps signing itself out of PSN, even though I've done everything I can think of (fixed IP address, Exposed host/DMZ entry etc.) Works fine via ethernet, so must be a compatibility issue with my wireless - whereas my original PS3 never had a problem - hey ho, wired is better anyway I guess.

Sounds like a pain.
I didnt expect to get a wireless contoller which is a nice surprise.
My modem is next to the tv so i think ill keep it wired. Im going to use it as my media center so im expecting a lot from it. Happy so far.