PDA

View Full Version : Is It Me Or Is The World Gone F**king Bananas

Primalsea
08-08-2008, 12:06
3 Things I've encountered recently that are almost impossible to believe but true.

I read on a jar of Peanut Butter " Warning This Product Contains Peanuts"

Well I should should F**king hope so!

At work we sent a letter to a customer who complained that they had to pay a surcharge as we did not put the correct postage on it. We check our records and saw that we did put the correct value in stamps. We rang the post office to complain -

"You see it was a large envelope that you sent so you have to put large stamps on it, not small ones"

As the post office is struggling at the moment and having to deal with competition, no longer handling benefits and not being able to keep local branches open, their not exactly being very helpful to customers, you know they're the people who pay their wages.

A colleague was told by TNT couriers today that if staple a multi page document together, it can longer be called a document and must be deemed as goods and needs a shipping invoice to go along with it.

What happens if you have to send many different multi page documents, er sorry, goods. and your shipping invoice is more than 1 page. Can you staple that together?? Will you need a shipping invoice for the shipping invoice??

Who knows?

Sand Dancin Donkey Walker
08-08-2008, 12:47
Paul

The simple answer is 'No' and 'It has'

While in Canada years ago I bought some Bacon Bits (similar to Pork Scratchings) in a jar for use on baked spuds, the lable read - Contains No Pork products- eh

Another more recent one, I bought a toy called a Stomp Rocket (fantastic fun buy one now :) ) and on the outer packaging in bold writing was - For indoor and outdoor use, can travel 200 meters. My living room aint that big by a long way. But I bought one. The local dog walkers in the park are under constant attack, but I blame the kids anyway :lol: .

Andy - SDDW