PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Zealand, Denmark

niklasthedolphin
06-08-2008, 22:22
New to this forum.
I live on the island of Zealand in Denmark, northern Europe.

I am active on quite a lot of HiFi fora.
I'm in my 40's and startet on stereo as 3 or 4 year old and just kept on going.

Today a have many sources in my set-up.
I'm vary keen on tapes and other analogue sound.

I try to aim at the best my money can get.
It's easier when it comes to tape machines, tuners and TT's than when it comes to speakers, PU's and amps.

In other threads I will be more specific on what I use.

Years ago I was making master recordings and did some radio broadcasting (on the technical side mainly).

I still enjoy making live recordings on R2R with digital back-up.

But today I mostly sit home and do from source to source (borrowed material) recordings or listen to some of my approximately 7000 titles from (prioritated) LP, Tapes, CD's, 78's, MD's etc.

Hope to be active here to.

Among other hobbies are Italian cars and motorcycles, sailing sailboat, playing trumpet and other instruments, photographing, cooking and a lot of other stuff.

"dolph"

Marco
06-08-2008, 22:42
Hi Dolph,

Welcome to the forum :)

Good to see another of our Scandinavian friends joining. Where did you hear about us - was it a Google search?

Anyway, have fun, and if you've got any pictures of your system to post in our gallery that would be great :smoking:

Marco.

Beechwoods
07-08-2008, 19:02
Welcome, Dolph! Great to see another R2R fan. Which machine have you got?

niklasthedolphin
07-08-2008, 20:13
Welcome, Dolph! Great to see another R2R fan. Which machine have you got?

I am not ONLY R2R fan.
I am a fan of high quality reproduced music played on whatever source available.

With that said I have my priority based on what media gives the best.
R2R comes first.

My R2R deck is Lyrec Frida.

What R2R are you using?

"dolph"

Beechwoods
07-08-2008, 20:36
Lyrec made some nice machines. High end, I know! My main machine is a Pioneer RT-707. I've also got a 2 track Nagra IV-S and a Sony TC-377. The Sony was my first; a gift from a friend's dad, who wanted me to transfer some old reels.

One time, I was a 'digital is best' man... now I'm getting back into analogue. And even turntables. It's all fun, but there's something about the older machines that I love, versus 'simple' modern kit like CD :)