PDA

View Full Version : The Hallograph Soundfield Optimizer

magiccarpetride
30-12-2010, 17:31
Have any of you guys had a chance to audition this:

http://www.shakti-innovations.com/hallograph.htm

The Vinyl Adventure
30-12-2010, 18:15
They must be good ... A man with a beard gives them the thumbs up!

Reid Malenfant
30-12-2010, 18:20
Ooooh, those look like they work - not :doh: :eyebrows:

I mean come on, some decent room treatment then yes, but a glorified candelabra :mental:

AlanS
30-12-2010, 18:28
Why hasn't everyone got them? I am sure you will have no problem reselling.

magiccarpetride
30-12-2010, 18:49
Ooooh, those look like they work - not :doh: :eyebrows:

I mean come on, some decent room treatment then yes, but a glorified candelabra :mental:

Hey, don't knock down other people's religions!

DSJR
30-12-2010, 21:17
I shall if they cost stupid money (over £100/$160) a set. I bet they're ten times this amount if not more;)

Beechwoods
30-12-2010, 21:27
There was a thread on here about those before... not certain what the upshot was though. I seem to remember someone had tried them and they worked though!

AlanS
31-12-2010, 12:07
A brief SEARCH of this site revealed the thread below on another of their products. Various levels of disbelief shown as you will see. Thanks for the windup

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=526&highlight=Shakti

Also noted At $1000 a pair, they are not cheap which DSJR surmised at.

Ammonite Audio
05-01-2011, 08:38
I prefer to be open-minded about such things. When you consider how many little things can change (or indeed improve) a system's musical reproduction, many of which cannot be explained, just maybe these things can do some good. As an example, I have some Shun Mook Mpingo discs - on occasions I have heard a system's performance being utterly transformed by placing some discs on top of a CD player. In one instance, it was not in my house and the system owner (a total sceptic) was stunned, saying "this cannot be happening" and resorted to bringing his wife in for a sanity check. She confirmed the effect, but rather than putting it in HiFi terms, she talked about the musical and performance aspects of the sound. That's why we need women for sanity checks in this hobby! Shun Mook's blurb defies scientific understanding, yet for me they "do something". That something is not always an improvement, but they have an effect. That does not stop legions from pouring opprobrium on Shun Mook and Shakti etc, from the lofty and righteous perspective of those who have never tried the stuff.

So, I would advise everyone to live peacefully in this audio world and to be tolerant and open-minded about wacky stuff. It's not as though Shakti etc are threatening world peace.