PDA

View Full Version : Nagra loses its shine

monya
30-11-2010, 09:42
Well it has for me at least as it has ceased to function after 3.5 years. Seems like the logic box has thrown a wobbly. Back to the land of yodels it goes. Bum!!!

Thermionic
30-11-2010, 11:18
Hi robin, sorry about your Nagra CD. It must be very disappointing and surprising considered who made it, normally Nagra stuff lasts for ever.

But you shouldn’t have any problems at all getting it fixed by the factory.

monya
30-11-2010, 14:28
Fingers crossed

Barry
30-11-2010, 23:32
Hello Robin,

Sorry to hear the news regarding the Nagra CD player. I'm especially saddened and disappointed to hear this, as the Nagra CDP is an aspirational product for me.

You ought to be able to have it repaired free of charge, as Nagras come with a five year warranty. Even so, the down-time is frustrating. One hopes it is a rare occurence.

Nagra have a reputation for reliability (or did) - one of the reasons why the Nagra IV portable reel-to-reel tape machines became standard in the film industry. One wonders if the new designs are intended to undergo such a heavy work duty. When I contacted Nagra, to enquire about the CDP, I said that I fully expected to use the machine for at least 8 hours a day. Nagra replied they couldn't imagine anyone wanting to use one for that length of time! Curious.

Regards

monya
01-12-2010, 08:01
Hello Robin,

Sorry to hear the news regarding the Nagra CD player. I'm especially saddened and disappointed to hear this, as the Nagra CDP is an aspirational product for me.

You ought to be able to have it repaired free of charge, as Nagras come with a five year warranty. Even so, the down-time is frustrating. One hopes it is a rare occurence.

Nagra have a reputation for reliability (or did) - one of the reasons why the Nagra IV portable reel-to-reel tape machines became standard in the film industry. One wonders if the new designs are intended to undergo such a heavy work duty. When I contacted Nagra, to enquire about the CDP, I said that I fully expected to use the machine for at least 8 hours a day. Nagra replied they couldn't imagine anyone wanting to use one for that length of time! Curious.

Regards

Hi Barry
Be advised that the product actually has a 3 year warranty. However, the dealer suggests that Nagra may fix it FOC - their reputation etc. I hope so as a repair bill after 3.5 years of light use will go down like a lead balloon.

DSJR
01-12-2010, 13:10
Do Nagra make their own transports? if not, then it's the fault of the cr@p being made today that they're forced to use. Hope their service charges aren't deliberately "priced" according to the cost of the item new...