PDA

View Full Version : Hi All!!

jamesw
21-07-2008, 13:52
Hi All!!

I am James from Hampshire.

I am in the beginning stages of trying to put together my first decent (hopefully) system.

Currently I run the following:
Arcam delta 90 amp
Cambridge audio CD4
Linn Nexus LS250 with Ku-stone stands.:)

Sounding nice at the moment but could do with a little more mid and bass so I am thinking about upgrading to a newer Arcam integrated amp with power amp in order to bi-amp.

Please let me know your views/advice on upgrades on a budget. I'm sure I will also have some 'newbie' questions soon!

Kind regards,

James

Beechwoods
21-07-2008, 16:33
I'll leave it to others to advise on the best upgrade route for you, but in the meantime, welcome! Reading up about your speakers, and thinking about your bass-midrange question, it seems the best advice is get the Ku-Stone stands - which you have - and get your positioning right - they're particularly sensitive to poor positioning. Others may have a view on what amps work best with your speakers... :)

jamesw
22-07-2008, 15:58
Many thanks for the advice Beechwoods!

Looks like I'm upgrading to Arcam 9 & 9p amps to bi-amp soon. I'm hoping this will add to the sound. I have since toed in my speakers a little and this has improved the depth. :)

Also, anyone have any idea what my arcam delta 90 amp is worth? I will be looking to part with it once I upgrade.

Regards,

J