PDA

View Full Version : And Zebedee said!

thrunobulaxx
08-07-2008, 22:13
Boing:lol:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/thrunobulaxx/boooinng.jpg

Got these valve springs from a V8 head today, just the right "give" for the 55 Kilos above.

tomorrow i will make some cases for them to match the spacers above.

Always meddling me.

Marco
08-07-2008, 22:16
Love it, John! The ultimate sprung sub-chassis, eh? :lolsign:

Bet it works a treat...

Marco.

Mike
08-07-2008, 22:16
Oh god no!.....

STOP man!..... It's almost an LP12! :no:

Filterlab
08-07-2008, 22:22
Surely using undamped springs will introduce pistonic rebound motion, will it not?

thrunobulaxx
08-07-2008, 22:36
Surely using undamped springs will introduce pistonic rebound motion, will it not?

Nah, the S/S cups they will sit within will be silicon damped, neoprene bottomed and a 15mm chrome steel ball will sit inside the top of the spring engaging O rings attached to the underside of the base :eyebrows:

Just experimenting and playing.:)

lurcher
09-07-2008, 00:35
STOP man!..... It's almost an LP12!

Funny you say that, I found a set of three LP12 springs under my CD transport does wonders for the sound (far more than they did in the LP12).

Filterlab
09-07-2008, 07:35
Nah, the S/S cups they will sit within will be silicon damped, neoprene bottomed and a 15mm chrome steel ball will sit inside the top of the spring engaging O rings attached to the underside of the base :eyebrows:

Just experimenting and playing.:)

Oooo, :) that's some serious playing then. Nice stuff mate.

thrunobulaxx
09-07-2008, 14:00
Right i have run out of suitable 75mm dia s/s, so for now have had to use 60mm dia PVC rod i had lying around, mainly just to disguise the pig ugly valve springs, no silicon damping, no point untill i do it properly, also no steel ball interface, as i only want the top 1/3rd of the ball showing and these PVC pods are not deep enough due to lack of enough of the rod to make them longer.

When i have worked out how they did it i will be putting my blood blistering rare earth magnets in something similar to the clearaudio 175 sqids each C/Audio Magix pods.
but the springs will do untill i have, it sounds better for them imo. :)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/thrunobulaxx/DSC02874.jpg

Filterlab
09-07-2008, 21:18
More excellent experimentation - I love fiddling with bits and bobs that I have in my collection of miscellaneous items. :) Don't do it so much now though as I don't use a transport in any sense.