PDA

View Full Version : Beloved Turntables; Pair of Technics SL-1210MK2s, 1 not powering up?

Ritchie
17-09-2010, 22:02
Hello,

I have recently unboxed my pair of Technics SL-1210s that I had stored in the attic and plan to bring them back to life.

Upon dusting them and powering them up, one basically doesn't. I heard that a common fault is the power switch, although there is no physical evidence to prove that with mine and I'm not confident enough to start pulling it apart, without first knowing if that is the problem.

Has anyone had similar problems, or any advice on the problem.

Any help would be great!

Ritchie

The Grand Wazoo
17-09-2010, 22:13
Hi Ritchie,
Welcome to the Art of Sound. This is very likely the best place to find plenty of folks who can help you with your question, but could you dive into the welcome area first & give a little introductory post to let folks know a bit about you, your system & musical tastes. Also an rough idea of your geographical location is a nice thing to know.

If you're not sure how to do anything, there's a list of where to find various basic bits of info on the forum here:
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=7549

Cheers

Dave Cawley
18-09-2010, 07:04
Not somthing I have seen. I would check the fuse, then trace the power through with a multimeter.

Dave