PDA

View Full Version : RDC

parkera
26-06-2008, 22:03
RDC is available in the UK again - hurrah. What's more it will feature in a big way this autumn at the trade shows. Why that is, is a secret for now unless you know the name of a HiFi company that is 125 years old this year that use their stuff!

For those of us with our feet on the ground RDC products are used and sold as accessories, 'cones' to avoid unwanten vibration caused by contact with vibrational reflective surfaces. Used under cd plays, amps, speakers etc.

I have uploaded the word doc from Clearlight Audio giving you the heads up. Sorry it is not pretty but it does show what RDC cones are used for.

I have RDC cones under all speakers components and the PS3...hence the Arcam is for sale.

Now if you are in the south of the UK mattshifi.co.uk carries stock and will always be glad to help provide more info.

Now has anybody used the RDC Cone Cups under spikes? Easy way to save the wooden floor and avoid bass boom to the neighbours below.

Matt will give users of this forum a special deal on RDC products only, 17.5% discount on any orders placed before VAT registation kicks in... all you have to do to benefit is call 01725 513510 to place your order. Thanks

Mike
27-06-2008, 13:16
Why that is, is a secret for now unless you know the name of a HiFi company that is 125 years old this year that use their stuff!

That would be Thorens then!

;)

Mike
27-06-2008, 13:18
Matt will give users of this forum a special deal on RDC products only, 17.5% discount on any orders placed before VAT registation kicks in... all you have to do to benefit is call 01725 513510 to place your order. Thanks

Excellent!..... I already use RDC2 cones & cups but I'm looking for some more.

:)

hiredfox
15-07-2008, 14:47
They get my approval BUT use them in the right place, they are not universally effective

Filterlab
15-07-2008, 20:04
They get my approval BUT use them in the right place, they are not universally effective

Indeed, as Jimmy from HFC often says, you can over-tweak.

Steve Toy
16-07-2008, 01:06
Like with every other tweak, use with care and with your ears.