PDA

View Full Version : Any room for an accountant? Now the laughter has subsided, Hi Everybody

parkera
26-06-2008, 21:12
Hi I'm Adrian and basically a dad and friend to the whole world of HiFi and without looking now, am part of distribution and retail in the UK (.co.uk=uk right? thats the bit of the web I signed up for anycase).

I am here to learn and share... particularly interested in simple techniques to solve what otherwise can be major headaches.

At college I lived with nuclear and molecular scientists - I lived. They had their views on how stuff worked and since then I noticed everyone else has a view too. The world is great like that....

Well to now; I have a son and told him to make some money out of what is Dad's hobby. Selling HiFi, not buying it and hence mattshifi.co.uk was formed. Only selling stuff we like, to those that know better.

I guess the operation is 'lifestyle' aka 'fun' and we like talking about stuff... beats talking about odd shaped balls and how Germany always end up in the finals - oh look they've done it again.

Enough already. Before I sign off, yeah we do like the Germans a lot - they make RDC.... cones cones and more cones, we sell their cones. Joy a vibration free world. Hmmm that would not be fun really would it.

I guess Ill get back to counting beans, and leave you guys and gals to enjoy your evening.

ParkerA

Mike
26-06-2008, 21:20
Hi Adrian, and welcome to AoS. :)

Cheers,
Mike.

Filterlab
26-06-2008, 21:27
Hi Adrian and welcome.

So, you Certified or Chartered?

:)

Prince of Darkness
27-06-2008, 08:30
He's into Hi-Fi, so should be certified!:lolsign:

anthonyTD
27-06-2008, 08:46
welcome adrian to the mad house,
you will find some real characters on here, but all have their own unique ideas on what makes for good listening,enjoy...:)

Steve Toy
27-06-2008, 09:55
Welcome indeed. From first post Adrian has character! Good, just what we need. :)

Filterlab
27-06-2008, 11:01
He's into Hi-Fi, so should be certified!:lolsign:

Hehehehehe. :)

Mike Reed
27-06-2008, 18:36
PARKERA,

So you sell hifi without buying it. That makes you either a creator (a.k.a. manufacturer) or a magician.

Of course accountants have a magical way with figures, but to extend that skill to hifi is indeed remarkable.

Welcome to the inner circle of The Art Of Sound.

Concentric or eccentric circle. You choose!

Marco
03-07-2008, 08:02
Hi Adrian,

I hope all the madness hasn't scared you off! ;)

Since everyone else has welcomed you it would be rude of me not to, so...

HELLO :wave:

Marco.