PDA

View Full Version : Wassappened?

The Grand Wazoo
11-08-2010, 23:10
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that perhaps the Art of Sound has misplaced a little of it's 'zip' lately?

If this carries on, I won't even be registering on Dave Cawley's thread 'Pick of The Pops: The Top 20 Posters on the AoS' , which, incidentally folks is only 2 months away from a 'From the Grave' update.

Effem
12-08-2010, 05:09
Every forum falls into the doldrums during the summer months when folks are away on holiday

Alex_UK
12-08-2010, 06:31
I hinted at this in one of my "Spinning Today" posts, and I think Frank is right, it's holiday silly-season at work too, can't get anything done as everyone is on holiday...

Marco will be back soon too, which will cheer things up a bit - I almost missed him! ;)

Beechwoods
12-08-2010, 06:33
Marco *is* back! He's just busy petting his new kittens!

Snoopdog
12-08-2010, 07:59
Marco *is* back! He's just busy petting his new kittens!

My God! He hasn't had a 'boob job' has he?;)

Mark Grant
12-08-2010, 09:38
It's the holidays and most forums are a bit quiet at the moment.

Sure they will pick up when everyone gets back and needs something to do to pass the time at work...:)

Marco
12-08-2010, 10:14
I wouldn't worry, chaps - everything is fine and dandy with overall activity well up on this time last year :)

Besides, on AOS, posting quality is always much more important than posting quantity or frequency....

People come and go as they please - sometimes real life gets in the way of one's forum hi-fi and music shenanigans ;)

Marco.

The Vinyl Adventure
12-08-2010, 10:27
:doh: thats where i have been going wrong... endless crap posts about nothing... your welcome to ban me :)

Marco
12-08-2010, 10:43
S'ok, endless reams of mindless pish is always welcomed for entertainment value! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Batty
12-08-2010, 10:45

no, then he would be pettin' his puppies.

anthonyTD
13-08-2010, 08:16

he dosent need one!;):eek::eyebrows::lol:
:lolsign:
A...

Steve Toy
13-08-2010, 10:35
You can have boob reductions too ya know! ;) :lol:

anthonyTD
13-08-2010, 10:51
aye i supose, maybe he has then!!!:eyebrows:
A...

Marco
13-08-2010, 11:40
Gosh, the secret is out.... :o

No reduction though, as they help keep my panty girdle up! :lol: :lol:

Marco.

anthonyTD
13-08-2010, 12:17
Gosh, the secret is out.... :o

No reduction though, as they help keep my panty girdle up! :lol: :lol:

Marco.
:eek::lol::lol::lol:
:lolsign:
A...

DSJR
13-08-2010, 15:40
S'ok, endless reams of mindless pish is always welcomed for entertainment value! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Re Kittens, do you have more, or are you now down to two cats and the number one pussy*?

* My wife told our cats in no uncertain terms that although one of them may be top cat (he was as well :)), SHE was number one pussy in our house...

Marco
13-08-2010, 16:45
Hi Dave,

Thanks for asking. We now have two lovely little kittens, which are 12 weeks old and absolutely adorable. One is black & white and named Mitzi, and the other is a tortoiseshell colour and named Abella.

Sadly, our other cat of 20 years died, and her sister of the same age is none too clever at the moment after Del's uncle who was looking after her while we were on holiday failed to give her any water! :rolleyes:

She's currently back in the vets on a drip to re-hydrate her again, after a day back home with us yesterday unfortunately failing to eat or drink much, despite our valiant attempts.... :(

Her vital organs (kidneys, etc) have been tested as working ok, so we're rather puzzled at what is wrong. It's possible that she's suffering from stress/depression after having lost her sister and then being left alone in the house while we were away.

Once she's re-hydrated and eating and drinking properly by herself, we'll be looking into treating any apparent psychological condition with the appropriate drugs in the hope she will return to her old self, but at 20 years old, things are obviously rather critical and the recovery process accordingly slow.

I'll keep you posted! :)

Marco.

John
13-08-2010, 17:50
Best wishes goes with Del and you

Alex_UK
13-08-2010, 19:42
Best wishes goes with Del and you

+1 :(

anthonyTD
14-08-2010, 10:38
+2
A...

Techno Commander
14-08-2010, 11:14
Indeed, I do hope your cat pulls through.

Themis
15-08-2010, 06:27
Every forum falls into the doldrums during the summer months when folks are away on holiday
Spot on ! ;)

Marco
15-08-2010, 08:48
Way hey, he's back!! :mex:

I was beginning to think you'd immigrated back to Greece :eyebrows: ;)

Welcome back, amigo :)

Marco.

DSJR
15-08-2010, 09:56
How's puss doing? I hope the two kittens aren't upsetting her too much. Twenty years old is a fantastic age for a cat. Sadly, I've never had a feline friend live that long...

Marco
15-08-2010, 10:08
Hi Dave,

She's getting there slowly but surely... Still at the vets recuperating, but hopefully we'll get her back this week, where we'll be keeping her separated from the kittens until she's back to her old self.

Yes, 20 years is a very good age for a cat. Her sister Amber was the same age before she died, which I guess makes it more remarkable.

The sad thing is Jet was the picture of health (I mean there was ZERO wrong with her) before we went on holiday and she was mistakenly not given any water by Del's uncle, so this unfortunate situation could've been avoided :doh: :(

Hey ho, you live and learn!

Marco.

goraman
15-08-2010, 18:14
I haven't had very much time to get on and post, but then I haven't had any time for the home rig either lately so what more can I say.
Dehighdration is hard to come back from in old age,sometimes the kidneys just don't restart. Good luck with old puss Marco.

Marco look here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUU0XV3_3Cw&feature=related

goraman
18-08-2010, 21:03
Am I the UBERTHEADKILLER of all time or what?

Beechwoods
18-08-2010, 21:41
Uberthreadkiller, Jeff ? ;)

goraman
18-08-2010, 22:22
Uberthreadkiller, Jeff ? ;)

Thanks,Good eye!

Beechwoods
18-08-2010, 22:39
:lol: No problem matey!

goraman
18-08-2010, 23:14
Can we get the update for old puss Marco?
P.S. did you get a good laugh at the YT link?

Marco
19-08-2010, 08:29
Hi Jeff,

Yes that was funny, especially as it looked like it was a kid!

Jet, our cat, is back home now and quite a bit better... She's not back to her old self yet but hopefully that'll come with time and a bit of TLC :)

Marco.

Reid Malenfant
19-08-2010, 18:54
Jet, our cat, is back home now and quite a bit better... She's not back to her old self yet but hopefully that'll come with time and a bit of TLC :)
That's good to hear :)

I have had enough cats pass away (some miles too early to what looked like glycol poisoning :steam:) & frankly i really couldn't face all the heartache again.

Unfortunately a neighbours cat has taken to me & my garden :doh: :lol:

Fingers crossed she recovers fully Marco :)

Marco
20-08-2010, 08:37
Cheers, dude - she's getting there slowly but surely :)

Marco.

Effem
20-08-2010, 19:24
Will admit that I haven't had much time on the pooty since madame went and broke her leg four weeks ago. The dog and I are getting pretty fed up with being sofa bound all day and every day :( Not so bad for me because I can watch the original series Star Trek on Sky in the mornings and bung in a DVD in the afternoon to cheer myself up. Watched Blazing Saddles for some light relief today and the dog kept looking at me in a strange way while I was p*ssing myself laughing. Anyone know any good doggie movies she can watch? :lol:

Alex_UK
20-08-2010, 19:36
Anyone know any good doggie movies she can watch? :lol:

The Bone Collector? (You can concentrate on Angelina Jolie...)

twelvebears
01-09-2010, 17:27

Or when their employer blocks access to almost all forums from work....

Bastards. :doh: