PDA

View Full Version : Non-destructive passive mod for 7510

sburrell
09-08-2010, 14:05
Ok, I've just had a very interesting but somewhat cryptic communication with Stan regarding a passive mod for the 7510. Here are the salient excerpts:

ME: Is there a passive mod for the 7510 (from August last year) that doesn't disable the mute, variable output and headphone output?

STAN: It depends on where and how the mod is fitted. It is possible to have headphone and variable still functioning, or not as the case may be. [Also] the passive mod does not affect the mute circuit in the 7510.

So, does anyone know how to implement the aforementioned mod? I have searched the forum but the problem is that, A) It's not always clear whether people are modding Caimans, 7520s or 7510s and, B) isn't it possible the mod for my particular revision of 7510 differs slightly?

Hope someone can help. :)

sburrell
25-10-2010, 08:37
Hi,

I've decided to bump this thread with the hope of a response by the 5th of November (Guy Fawkes Night :) ). I've decided to hand in my 7510 to Tirna Electronics for the Wolfson upgrade and the blue LEDs (matches the rest of my equipment), and I've asked him to see if, in the process, he can determine how to apply the passive mod as detailed in my OP—without removing existing functionality. To save him the effort, and in the event that he can't determine the correct method, I'm hoping someone (especially Stan) would be willing to post the mod themselves. *fingers crossed*

On that note, I've also just read here (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showpost.php?p=134437&postcount=6) that the passive mod requires an amp "which is happy working with the lower output and higher impedance of the DACs analogue output." Does mine, listed in the sig, qualify?

Many thanks, and happy autumn to all!