PDA

View Full Version : Junked Notifications 2

Labarum
19-06-2010, 12:10
I have reset my options

I set the notification status to "Do not subscribe", saved changes, reset to "Instant" and saved again.

Sometimes tricks like that bounce a system into action.

I post this duplicate thread to test.

Beechwoods
19-06-2010, 12:50
Did it work?!

Labarum
19-06-2010, 13:06
No, and 15 minutes from your posting time for a notification to arrive.

Over to you, Nick.

Anyone else having problems?

Themis
20-06-2010, 08:52
Notifications for PMs work fine. Perhaps it's a delay coming from your e-mail provider ?

Labarum
20-06-2010, 09:17
I get no notifications of PMs. Are you saying you get PM notifications, but not general board notifications, Themis?

Themis
20-06-2010, 10:00
No, I don't have any board notifications, atm. But th PM notifications are almost instant.

vBulletin has only one centralized setting for email notifications (through AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> EMail Options -> Use Mailqueue System) and, normally this impacts PM and board notifications alike.

So, as the PMs are instant, I guess your issue looks more like a mailbox issue.
I'll put this thread on subscription. Can you please post on it, for testing ?

Beechwoods
20-06-2010, 10:19
You're right Dimitri and Instant Notifications work for me, but for some reason Brian and Pierre De Grenoble's notifications aren't being recieved. I'm going to get message logging switched on on Monday so we have a record of which emails are going out. It may be something to do with the outbound settings not suiting all ISPs but we'll get to the bottom of it.

Themis
20-06-2010, 10:25
The thread notification was instant. ;)
Yes, logging will help sorting this out, although I suspect it has to do with Brian and Pierre's providers' email box settings.

Beechwoods
21-06-2010, 16:36
I've switched on logging of thread notifications, so will review the results of the next few hours' activity to see if this sheds any light on the problems reported by Brian.

Beechwoods
21-06-2010, 16:46
Brian - I can see the record of the email to you, triggered by my post to this thread. From this end there's nothing unusual at all about the log entry - it's the same as that for myself and Dimitri who are also subscribed to this thread. If you have any influence over your ISP I can provide some details from the the email header - let me know and I'll PM you the details.

Pierre De Grenoble
25-06-2010, 19:55
I 've been having this problem for at least a month, and have just registered with a hot mail account to try & sort it out

Labarum
28-06-2010, 15:59
Brian - I can see the record of the email to you, triggered by my post to this thread. From this end there's nothing unusual . . .

Sorry for the delayed response. Just seen your post.

I'm flying back to UK tomorrow. Let's see what happen form a UK IP address, but my email provider has nothing to do with the ISP. I use www.fastmail.fm

As I said, I will see what happens from UK, then I will try turning spam filters off completely - they are on the remote mail server in New York!

I subscribe to other vBulletin forums and have no problems.

Tis a mystery. Thanks for your efforts.

Beechwoods
28-06-2010, 16:45
Steve, Brian - I can see emails going out from this side for both of you.

Steve - you were sent an 'activation' email when you set up your new account. Did this get through to you successfully?

Labarum
28-06-2010, 16:55
I keep trying. My account has worked perfectly up till recently and I changed nothing this end. Very odd.

Thanks for your extra work, Nick

Pierre De Grenoble
29-06-2010, 20:32
Steve, Brian - I can see emails going out from this side for both of you.

Steve - you were sent an 'activation' email when you set up your new account. Did this get through to you successfully?

yeah hot mail notifications are coming thru no problem..

Labarum
05-07-2010, 18:58
Still not working for me.

My domain is hosted at 123reg. The redirection at that host sends emails to www.fastmail.fm where I have a mail account. 123reg also redirects to Gmail, which I use as a backup. 123reg has it's own spam filtering which cannot be turned off but can be set very slack, which I have always done. Since notifications are not arriving at either Fastmail or Gmail I must suppose 123reg is rejecting them.

All other vBulletic Forums I belong to are working fine, and I am not aware of other lost mails.

I am now going to change my email address on this forum so it goes directly to fastmail rather that via 123reg.

Lets see if that sorts it.

If I get in a pickle I may need Moderator help again!

Beechwoods
05-07-2010, 19:00
Fingers crossed! Try directly to GMail if you still have no luck :)

Labarum
05-07-2010, 19:05
I have had an instant notification that I have changed my email.

Looks promising.

It would seem there is a problem with AOS's new server talking to 123reg

What mail providers are the other affected members using?

Beechwoods
05-07-2010, 19:17
Steve / Pierre's was an internet domain host... not had any other members report any problems...

Labarum
05-07-2010, 19:23
Routine notifications are now arriving. Hurray!

I must now write a rule to move the notifications from my Inbox to the right box.

Thanks for you patience and your help, Nick.

Beechwoods
05-07-2010, 19:29
No problem Brian http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/smilies/highfive.gif