PDA

View Full Version : Cheap as chips headphone amp

ReggieB
14-05-2010, 18:28
Has anyone else tried one of the cheap Bravo Audio headphone amps being sold on ebay? I'm a programmer and like to be able to shut myself off from any distractions at work. I bought myself some Goldring headphones, but wanted to try and improve the output from my computer's sound card. So I put a small bid in for one of the Bravo amps and bagged it.

Well it may not be the height of audiophile heaven, but it significantly improved the sound coming from my computer. For around thirty pounds, I think its a great buy. Probably not the thing for your main headphone listening, but great for occasional use, or where you don't want to spend much.

DSJR
14-05-2010, 19:03
Great fun :)

Rare Bird
14-05-2010, 19:47
I use the cheap Maverick Audio 'D1' DAC for all my headphone listerning it sound fantastic. I use very low impedance headphones which caused an hum problem at first as the unit was intended for higher impedance phones, i did change a couple resistors values to get shut of the problem, although it's obviously taken away a bit of volume it now works a treat , well loud enough for me all the same..Untill this breaks down i'll never swap it.

ReggieB
14-05-2010, 22:04
One of these:

http://www.mavaudio.com/base/product/tube_magic_d1/hardware/

Interesting!

Rare Bird
14-05-2010, 22:20
Aye

Themis
30-05-2010, 07:13
Has anyone else tried one of the cheap Bravo Audio headphone amps being sold on ebay? I'm a programmer and like to be able to shut myself off from any distractions at work. I bought myself some Goldring headphones, but wanted to try and improve the output from my computer's sound card. So I put a small bid in for one of the Bravo amps and bagged it.

Well it may not be the height of audiophile heaven, but it significantly improved the sound coming from my computer. For around thirty pounds, I think its a great buy. Probably not the thing for your main headphone listening, but great for occasional use, or where you don't want to spend much.
I got one lately. Still burning in. Great amp for the price ! (30€ shipped !)
Moreover, it accepts RCA line-in as well as iPod jack in. A bargain. :cool:

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss339/Themis_photo/30052010059.jpg
http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss339/Themis_photo/30052010060.jpg

Spectral Morn
30-05-2010, 08:54
Hi Dimitri

Hows about doing a review of the headphone amplifier as photos alone don't tell us much about it.

Regards D S D L

Themis
30-05-2010, 09:07
Hows about doing a review of the headphone amplifier as photos alone don't tell us much about it.
Good idea. I'll leave it get stabilized for a week or so, then review it. ;)

The Vinyl Adventure
30-05-2010, 10:06
I've bid on loads of those but keep bidding on ones that sell for a lot when I have seen them go for next to nothing.. How much dis you pay for the unit it's self?

Rare Bird
30-05-2010, 10:11
I got one lately. Still burning in. Great amp for the price ! (30€ shipped !)
Moreover, it accepts RCA line-in as well as iPod jack in. A bargain. :cool:

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss339/Themis_photo/30052010059.jpg

So that YES is a CD not vinyl then? :eek:

Spectral Morn
30-05-2010, 10:37
Good idea. I'll leave it get stabilized for a week or so, then review it. ;)

Thank You.

Regards D S D L

Themis
30-05-2010, 14:45
I've bid on loads of those but keep bidding on ones that sell for a lot when I have seen them go for next to nothing.. How much dis you pay for the unit it's self?
18€ for the unit, 12€ for shipping. :)

Themis
30-05-2010, 14:52
So that YES is a CD not vinyl then? :eek:
I will get a vinyl too, but I wanted to be sure of the mastering, so I got the CD first. ;)

Rare Bird
30-05-2010, 14:53
I will get a vinyl too, but I wanted to be sure of the mastering, so I got the CD first. ;)

Where did you get that from then Dimitri is it as good as the Rhino?

Themis
30-05-2010, 16:03
Where did you get that from then Dimitri is it as good as the Rhino?
That's why I reminded you of my server's user/pwd. ;)
It's better than the Rhino, imho. But try it for yourself, my server doesn't power off at night anymore. :eyebrows:

Rare Bird
30-05-2010, 16:57
That's why I reminded you of my server's user/pwd. ;)
It's better than the Rhino, imho. But try it for yourself, my server doesn't power off at night anymore. :eyebrows:

Reminder! :scratch:

anthonyTD
31-05-2010, 18:26

excelent price!!!
well done.:)
A...

ReggieB
05-06-2010, 17:32

14 Euros with 12 Euros for postage.

I had the same problem as you. Kept on bidding on them on ebay.co.uk only for the bids to go over £25 pounds, when I'd seen them sold for only a little over half that. Then I did a search and one on the Spanish ebay came up. They seem to be going cheaper over there:

http://stores.shop.ebay.es/bravo-audio__W0QQ_armrsZ1

The Vinyl Adventure
05-06-2010, 17:48
Nice one, good going!

Covenant
03-07-2010, 18:02
I bought the Indeed G2, its sounds good but suffers a bit from crosstalk. May go down the modding route when I have a bit more time.